Action Against Hunger | ACF-International, is an International Humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger. We are recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger | ACF International saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With more than 35 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programs in over 45 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Taking an active part in our dynamic team to support seasonal response and recovery programs for populations at risk in Nigeria.
- You will play a key role in coordinating our life-saving programs in a difficult environment as part of our emergency response team.
Key Activities in your role will include:
- Putting into action your strong understanding of humanitarian principles and motivating your team to put these principles into action in Nigeria’s changing context.
- Negotiating access to areas with humanitarian needs so ACF can manage an emergency response.
- Liaising and conferring with provincial partners & other actors and building relationships with authorities & community leaders as acting senior ACF representative in the area.
- Using your experience managing security in a highly insecure and changing area of Nigeria to analysis, identify, and manage mitigation of any assessed risks. Overseeing the Logistical, Admin and Finance activities and ensuring ACF policies are carried out.
You're a seasoned Field Coordinator or Emergency Coordinator:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Public Health, Logistics or field related to core humanitarian activities.
- You have earned at least 2 years’ experience working in humanitarian emergencies with security and safety management.
You're a super communicator:
- You have extensive experience communicating with staff from diverse cultures and professional backgrounds. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of local counterparts.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are diplomatic & able to help colleagues handle difficult situations.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support how junior staff can improve their reporting skills.
Your work style builds trust within your team:
- You are an experienced negotiator and are calm and articulate under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are creative and enjoy taking innovative and realistic approaches to projects.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit ACF International Career Page