Jobs at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in Nigeria
Posted on: 12 July, 2012
Deadline: 31 July, 2012
View Jobs in General
View Jobs posted same day
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Nigeria Office is seeking for two (2) junior professionals to serve for the nation and the world through the agency.
Job Title: In-house Consultant
Sectors: (1) Infrastructure Planning (2)Social Development
Duration: One year extendable (Three years maximum)
Type of Contract: Consultancy Service
JICA is a bilateral development agency which is fully funded by the Government of Japan as a major implementing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance. In Nigeria, JICA has been working on promotion of Economic Growth through Infrastructure Development and Poverty Reduction through Social Development.
As it is expanding country program, JICA Nigeria office requires professionals to manage the programs in Infrastructure Planning & Social Development.
1. Scope of work
Provide administrative support to ensure that the Programme team meets the highest standards in compliance with JICA corporate policy and procedures thereby contributing to JICA Nigeria Office’s strategic objectives. As part of the team, the Consultant will provide assistance and advise to the programme management of the team’s portfolio (project cycle management including financial management) and administrative support to the Team Leader and other programme staff including the virtual team members.
2. Specific duties and responsibilities are:
• In conjunction with relevant colleagues, assist and advice with all aspects of project cycle management;
• Assist & advice on project/programme identification and design;
• Assist & advice on project launch and implementation;
• For all contracts, support the team in all processes relating to tendering, negotiating and awarding contracts to Service Providers and consultants;
• Contribute to strengthening results focus and ensuring increased value for money in the programmes;
• Contribute to wider team/office wide discussions on gender, growth and poverty reduction;
• Assist & Advice on coordination with other stakeholders such as Civil society, Nigerian MDA’s and Other Development Partners.
• Resolving of problems and queries, liaising with JICA colleagues, project implementers and external stakeholders as required;
• Ensure effective sharing of information within team.
Procedural and Financial Management
• Ensure compliance at all levels with JICA procedures liaising with HQ;
• Ensure deadlines for monitoring and review of projects are met;
• Managing programme budgets and ensuring that data is accurate;
• Checking invoices and claims, requesting appropriate authorisations and processing requests for payment (including scanning of invoices);
• Monitoring compliance by project implementers to submit project audited statements and asset register on time. Reconciling submissions against existing project records.
• Assist in monitoring and reconciliation of project spend for Programme Review meetings and ensuring projects are meeting spending targets;
Administrative Support/Corporate Requirements
• Arranging meetings, workshops and other teams presentations;
• Follow up on appointments and arranging transport and accommodation where necessary;
• Scanning and photocopying of documents & management of stationery supplies;
• Drafting replies to letters of request and enquiry from the public and issuing visa letters;
• Attending programme related meetings and taking notes at meetings;
• Other administrative duties that may be assigned;
• Assist JICA Nigeria in meetings its obligation to carry out its people management duties in line with the Investors in People standard;
• Support JICA Nigeria with the preparation of any retreats, seminars, and high-level visits from Headquarters.
• A National of Nigeria
• Knowledge on targeted sector (at least one of these)
• Working Experiences: More than 3 years in relevant field
• Academic Background: Master’s Degree in relevant field
• Adequate Skills on Accountability and Responsibility
• Ability on report writing in English
• Good Communication skills
• Sympathy with JICA’s Vision, Missions and Principles http://www.jica.go.jp/english/about/mission/
The Consultancy fee for this position is about 200,000Naira per Month.
Fill the Application Form and Send by e-mail to email@example.com by 31st July, 2012.
To download application form, click here
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Questions could be entertained from successful short listed candidates.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Driving Vacancy at a Reputable Company
- Talent Acquisition Manager - Executive, Sub Saharan Africa at GE Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at African Industries Group
- Latest Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Human Resource Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Technical Vacancy at Cummins Inc.
- Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Finance Job Opportunity at General Electric (GE)