Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children's development organizations in the world. We work in 72 countries around the world, to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is a world in which all children realise their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Our aim is to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children. Plan Internationals an Independent International Non-Governmental Organiation with no religious or political affiliations.
Plan International Nigeria focuses on health, education, governance, and participation, economic security and protection for children. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society partners, government at all levels and the private sector in advancing and protecting the rights of children.
As part of the process of expanding and strengthening our operations in Nigeria, Plan International Nigeria, seeks to recruit the position of:
- The position is responsible for donor engagement, fund raising and proposal writing, international partnership development and mobilization of strategic resources to support Plan International Nigeria.
- The job holder will also oversee the overall functioning of the fund raising unit of Plan International
- Nigeria and work closely with the fundraising team of Plan International UK National office.
The position reports to the Country Director and will work closely with the Deputy Country Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
International Partnership Development (IPD)
- Lead the development of a fundraising strategy to meet the strategic requirements of the Country Programme.
- Provide advice on institutional donor requirements and private foundations including reporting timelines and expectations
- Support proposal development through coordinating the establishment of proposal development working groups with representatives from key departments (on as needed bases) within the CP and ensure key actions are delegated and timelines maintained.
- Depending on the nature of the funding opportunities, draft proposals and concept notes.
- Advice the Country office on potential funding opportunities and donor priorities
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with donor agencies as appropriate, covering a specific set of donors to be agreed upon. This entails contributing to maintaining networks and actively engaging in knowledge sharing, information dissemination on the Plan international Nigeria.
- Help prepare and participate in internalJexternal meetings with donors - thematic meetings and related resource mobilization events.
- Support the facilitation of the negotiation and signing of new funding agreements, working in close collaboration with Plan International UK National office.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on donor funded projects and ensure reporting is completed to the donor in a timely manner
- Support the drafting of external reports and work with Programme teams to finalize these in accordance with donor requirements and timel ines.
It is a relatively small team for now, but t.he team is expected to grow. fu; we grow the job holder will
- Manage and co-ordinate all the department work. ensuring correct, full transparent and accountable financial, administrative and operational procedures are followed
- Manage staff performance and provide regular feedback to staff, including interns and volunteers on their performance
- Liaise with other teams to obtain input and support for the work of the Resource Mobilization unit.
- Ensure all procurementis in accordance with Plan International and donorguidelines
- Submit all internal progress reports (monthly ,quarterly.) in a timely manner
- Manage basic HR requirements in accordance with Plan International Nigeria staffmanual.
- Identify training needs of staff. including volunteers. and assist to create individual development plans.
- Ensure maintenance of updated fillingsystem( soft and hard)
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the Country Director
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
To be able to carry out the above responsibilities, the Resource Mobilization Advisor should have the following capabilities:
- A Bachelor and a Master degree in social sciences and orother relevant disciplines.
- At least five years of professional experience in international development.
- Experience in project design, administration or implementation.
- Excellent understanding of Nigerian donor environment and cognate experience in fundraising.
- Excellent understanding of community based, child focused and rights based programming.
- Demonstrable commitmentto working with poor and marginalized people
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to draft quality reports, case studies, concept notes and proposals
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and networking skills
- Proficiency in using applications software, including: presentation, spreadsheet, word processing, and project management tools.
- Excellent command of English, a working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently, be innovative and creative
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to shared values of the organization: mutual respect, accountability, human rights, honesty, transparency, partnership and acting in the best interest of the child.
- Ability to deal with people in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to solve problems and be service-oriented;
- Ability to use initiative, team work and capacity to work under pressure;
Method of Application
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the quallficabons. experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: email@example.com within 10 days of this publication. Only shortllsted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.