Job Position at The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
Posted on: 11 January, 2016
Deadline: 25 January, 2016
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa's first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's critical social and economic problems.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Summary of Position
- The Assistant Coordinator New Foundation School (NFS) is charged with the responsibility of assisting the Assistant Vice President, Foundation Programs, in ensuring the smooth running of the daily operations of the AUN New Foundation School.
- This position is a local one and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- These duties shall include assisting with the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of varying levels of activities for the New Foundation School with a view to achieving the vision and mission behind its establishment.
- This position also collaborates with the other staff of AUN and the NFS.
Detail Listing of Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of the various activities including teaching and learning in the New Foundation School as determined by the Assistant Vice President (AVP), Foundation Programs.
- Collaborates with other staff of NFS in coordinating the New Foundation School’s procedures as defined by the University’s policy.
- Secure and protect the New Foundation School’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for assisting the AVP Foundation Programs in ensuring a conducive atmosphere for intellectual exploration and knowledge dissemination.
- Assist the AVP Foundation Programs to manage all aspects of the New Foundation Schools ‘activities to ensure and maintain the quality of students enrolled.
- Suggest improvements as necessary.
- Coordinate as necessary arrangements for public functions and social gatherings including seating according to protocol and special courtesies extended to members and guests.
- Supervise the New Foundation School Students in the residence halls.
- Attend NFS events including student field trips, exercise sessions, campus activities, clinic check-ups/emergencies, off-campus events, etc. as required to supervise and assist NFS students.
- Remain overnight in NFS residence hall or off campus as required to fulfill NFS student supervisory duties.
- Suggest programs to provide students with a variety of popular events.
- Perform related duties as required or delegated by the NFS Administrator.
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognized tertiary institution; plus three years increasingly responsible office support/administrative experience
- Knowledge of:
- University policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
- Office administration principles and practices.
- Budgeting procedures and financial record keeping
- Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and political acumen.
- Skill in compiling and presenting statistical information.
Other requirements, Abilities for the position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to represent the NFS in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to receive and follow instruction.
- Ability to run several projects at the same time simultaneously with a high level efficiency.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com
Note: The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about American University of Nigeria (AUN)Similar Jobs
- Financial Controller at a Leading Group of Schools
- Teachers at a British International School - Randstad Construction Property Engineering
- Director, Work & Physical Planning at the University of Lagos
- External Auditors at the University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- College Registrar at the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN)
- Expert Home Tutors at MindSmith Limited
- Teaching Vacancy at a Standard Private School - EZ37 Solutions
- Lecturers at Obong University