If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, rail catering, concession retail, contract catering, health care, education, remote site and support services.
With 2014 revenues under management of 1,4 Billion Euros and more than 28,000 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest offers the opportunity to develop your potential and initiate an outstanding career path within a dynamic group.
Newrest is looking for a Executive Chef to support its development in Lagos - Nigeria
Main Duties :
- To organize all the resources within the Kitchen and other areas.
- To ensure timely preparation of food as per set menu and within the set cost.
- To ensure quality, quantity and hygienic food is served with particular emphasis on presentation. To try and ensure minimum / no wastage (excess food balance).
- To plan and cost menus in coordination with the deputy project manager keeping in mind the basic principle of FIFO. To plan for variety of preparations in the menu ensuring the satisfaction of the client and within the set cost norms.
- To assist store keeper in indenting for provisions.
- To be responsible for allocation of work to other kitchen staff.
- When required, to prepare and cook dishes.
- To ensure timely pre preparation / mis-en-place (wash, clean, cut vegetables, fruits, meat, chicken, fish and bakery products) and cooking.
- To ensure proper cleanliness of the kitchen area.
- To know and observe all safety rules and effectively supervise so as to ensure implementation of company HSE policy and discipline in the production area and by the staff.
- To ensure that all norms, procedures, policies, documentation logs pertaining to HSE / HACCP company standards are followed and records maintained.
- To ensure proper cleaning and sanitization as per company standards of kitchen area, stores, chillers, freezers, dry stores within the kitchen/production area. Also ensuring the cleaning of work tables, cooking utensils, tools, kitchenware and other related production equipment and machinery is cleaned after use and kept in its allotted place to ensure easy availability and safety.
- To follow Newrest HSE plan and achieve HSE targets.
- To oversee/assist/sort out stores and maintain stores including meat, fish, vegetable and frozen items.
- To ensure that all required data are made available for the proper use of Unirest, and follow its methodology.
- Minimum ten years’ experience as Cook/Head Cook/Chief Cook
- Having knowledge and skills in the preparation of international food.
- Good command of English written and spoken and French is a plus.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to Newrest career website