This Company is primarily a value added services company focused particularly on the telecommunications industry. The firm’s interests spanvarious sectors including Telecom, Advertising, Power and Financial services. Asthecompanyexpands itsoperationsandportfolioofservices,itpresentlyrequires atalented Legal & HR Associate.
He/She willbe responsible for the effective and efficient management of the legaldepartment, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effectivemanagement of legal, regulatory and contractual risks. Also, develop and enhance the human resourcemission and objectives, through strategic planning, and evaluating employeerelations, human resources policies, practices and procedures. Direct andcoordinate all human resources activities, such as employment, compensations,labor relations, benefits, training, and employees services.
Human Resource Management
- Create and monitor a human resource system that complies with top organizational objectives
- Create comprehensive human resources policies and procedures that comply with federal and state laws. Update as necessary.
- Analyze wage and salary reports; create a comprehensive and competitive compensation program that is industry specific and aligns with organizational objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance, communication and destruction of personnel records as required by law including local governing bodies.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations that affect human resource function. Ensure organization is in compliance with legal requirements. Update policies and procedures, and educate managers regarding compliance accordingly.
- Schedule, conduct and coordinate annual job evaluations. Recommend and plan pay structure revisions based on finding.
- Plan, monitor and implement employee performance appraisal on set schedule. Train managers on appraisal system, and coach employees accordingly. Resolve grievances regarding employee appraisals; provide counseling to employees and supervisors as needed and appropriate.
- Establish and maintain employee benefit programs. Inform employees of benefits. Analyze and assess trends in benefits and recommend adjustments in benefits as appropriate.
- Responsible for recruitment and retentions of staff. Employee engagement. Orientation of new staff members, and training. Responsible for pre-screening, background investigation and credentialing of new staff members.
- Assist with the set-up of other systems and processes and other corporate development initiatives.
- Be responsible for promoting and leading activities to build the desired culture in the Company.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Formulate compliance checklists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct and provides guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the corporate attorney and/or other legal counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Law degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 Years work experience post law school
- Relevant compliance related certification is an added advantage
- Relevant human resource and personnel management certification is an added advantage
- Excellent relationship management, strong verbal and written communication.
- Organized and detail oriented while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government/regulators and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Method of Application
To Apply: send your resume to email@example.com. Tell a friend!