If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
As part of its strategic restructuring and expansion to meet the challenges of election observation to enhance integrity and credible elections in Nigeria, the Centre for Civic Education (a,k.a Transition Monitoring Group, TMG) seeks to fill the following positions in its office in Abuja
Reports to: The National Coordinator
- This position oversees the design and implementation of financial policies and procedures, budget preparation, funds management and financial monitoring, risk management, donor reporting and all financial and management accounting duties.
His/her duties and responsibilities are:
- Update and documentation of TMG financial policies and procedures and enforcement of compliance;
- Monitoring of compliance with donors’ grant requirements; specifically ensure timely preparation of donor financial reports as required
- Oversight on proper management of TMG’s assets;
- Coordinating activities of the accounting unit of TMG, supervision of the accounting staff as well as provide necessary mentoring and technical support to accounts staff;
- Preparation of TMG annual and project budgets for presentation to the board;
- Regular monitoring of the overall budgets and expenditures incurred as compared to plan (budget tracking and variance analysis);
- Ensure proper controls are in place for management of TMG bank accounts;
- Preparation of funding projections and tracking the same;
- Oversight on usage of office cash and field advances
- Management of requests for disbursement from donors;
- Ensure preparation of accurate and timely bank reconciliation statements, accounts payable, and account receivables, and other reports for submission to donors, management, and external auditors;
- Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns such as PAYE/ taxes, Pensions, etc.
- Development of a training plan for accounts staff, and undertake periodic performance appraisal;
- Preparation of financial and management accounts and establishment of accounting records in accordance with accounting standards applicable to TMG (balance sheet, income & expenditure statement, project accounts, management report);
- Oversight and supervision on TMG’s administrative functions
Required Profile and Competence
The incumbent TMG Finance Manager will have to meet the following qualifications and competence:
- A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Must also have at least five years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks or similar professional accounting software, Microsoft excel words and power-point
- A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for USAID Funded projects is essential.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a supervisor;
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills;
- Must demonstrate proven results in his experiences of projects financial reports preparation;
- Must have good skills to work individually and as a team, be able to work under pressure;
- Be highly motivated and self-directed, with a commitment to work within a group;
- Solid decision-making capacity, must be proactive and able to work under pressure;
- Be a good team player;
Job Statute: Contractual
Salary Scale: The position is with competitive Salaries depending on experience and qualifications
Character: Candidate must be of good character.
Hours of Work: The core hours for this position will be 40 hours per week. Details of starting and finishing times, which may vary in accordance with TMG-needs, will be notified. There will be times when post holders will be required to work outside of the normal office hours.
Method of Application
1. A curriculum vitae
2. A cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and summarising your relevant experience and suitability for the position you are applying for (not more than 2 pages in length
3. The names and contact details of three referees who must not be members of TMG National Coordinating Committee (the Board)
4. Apply by email only to:
The National Secretariat
Transition Monitoring Group (TMG)
5. No phone calls will be entertained. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.