We are one of the world’s leading organizations providing management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, with approximately 319,000 employees; offices and operations in more than 200 cities in 56 countries; and net revenues of $30.0 billion for fiscal 2014.
Are you eager for challenges that explore your full potential? At Accenture, you can launch yourself into your next journey – a dynamic career with a global consulting organization at the forefront of business, technology and innovation.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Program Specialist Services professionals provide project-based support services within centers. These professionals support the delivery and execution of our key projects with specialized services.
JOB CONTEXT AND SUMMARY
Accenture Development Partnerships (ADP): ADP is a global practice within Accenture that partners with clients across the international development sector, to provide business and technology services to help drive sustainable impact to the world’s most important development challenges. Leveraging market-based solutions that are scaleable, sustainable, and outcome-based and delivered by Accenture talent from across our global organization, we work in partnership with leading international NGO, foundation, donor and emerging government clients and employ a sustainable non-profit business model that makes our services accessible and affordable for our clients. ADP also helps design and broker innovative global development alliances involving Accenture’s commercial clients and development sector organizations that seek to drive sustainable and transformation change across the developing world.
ADP Global Programs Team (GP Team): The GP Team is responsible for overseeing ADP’s portfolio of client relationships with organizations in the International development sector. The team manages all business development and client relationship management activities for ADP’s current clients (approximately 70 organizations), and also seeks to develop project opportunities with new organizations. In addition, members of the GP Team are responsible for overseeing ADP project teams that are carrying out assignments in both developing and developed countries. There are approximately 50 members of the GP team and they are based in numerous geographies, including the US, UK, Switzerland, Finland, the Netherlands, Tanzania, South Africa, India and Australia. Under the banner of the “convergence” agenda, the GP team is also increasingly engaging with Accenture’s corporate clients with respect to their sustainability agendas and impact in emerging markets.
The Nigeria Global Programs Manager will be part of the ADP Africa team and report directly to ADP Nigeria Country Lead and collaborate extensively with the other members of the ADP Africa team. Whilst there will be frequent remote contact with the wider ADP core team, it will require someone who can work independently and with minimal guidance.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to exercise and develop client relationship, sales and delivery skills. The role requires regular visits to client offices/sites for relationship development, project scoping and supporting project delivery and periodic visits to other countries for project visits or business meetings. The role will primarily be based in Abuja, Nigeria but will require periodic travel to ADP clients or to project locations for development of client relationships, project scoping, and supporting project delivery within Africa.
More specifically the role will include:
Business Development / Market Development
• Support the Africa portfolio of ADP client accounts in Nigeria and West Africa, including account planning, opportunity identification and sales development – across Management Consulting and Technology
• Support the ADP Africa Geo Lead and other GP Managers and Senior Managers in identifying new target clients in Nigeria and West Africa
• Develop client proposals / Request for Proposal (RFP) responses and lead the bids for work
• Identify, manage and engage alliance partners to implement specific customer solutions
• Support development of ADP market offerings based on ADP project experience
• Manage and report project portfolio pipeline, contacts, and opportunities with ADP leadership
• Develop ideas for external ADP position papers / case studies / points of view to publish on the external website
• Attend relevant meetings/conferences in the development sector to raise the profile of ADP and learn about key trends/latest thinking in the sector
Client Relationship Management
• Manage relationships with ADP clients and prospects – with direct relationship ownership of client accounts within the Africa portfolio
• Support other Global Programs Team ‘account owners’ on client relationship management activities related to other key accounts
• Carry out account planning activities for key clients
• Negotiate legal framework agreements and arrangement letters with key clients
ADP Project Team Delivery Support
• Actively manage and provide quality review and oversight of a projects within the client portfolio – target of 60%+ client chargeability on ADP project work.
• Prepare teams via project kick-offs and client inductions; carry out status calls with project teams; review status reports and key deliverables etc
• Support the Operations and junior support teams in staffing of candidates for project roles
• Ensure project teams complete the ADP project closure process
ADP Global Programs Team / Core Team
• Attend and contribute to ADP Global Programs and Management Team meetings
• Adhere to the GP Team's established business processes, and help identify ways to continuously improve project management processes
• Minimum of 2nd Class Upper
• Minimum of B.Sc; Masters will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of the consulting project lifecycle across business development, proposal development, project finances, project planning, and project delivery
• Exposure to business development and/or sales activity (experience writing proposals and scoping work is especially useful)
• Exposure to and knowledge of international development issues preferred, but not required
• Credibility with clients based on work experience, ideally in a project-based role
• Knowledge of Accenture’s core capabilities, assets and offerings, and how these can be applied in the ADP context desirable
• Core consulting and project management
• Business development
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to work independently/self-starter& work effectively with seniority
• Project planning, delivery and deadline management
• Project financial management experience preferred
Previous Work Experience
• At least five years’ experience with a top tier management consulting organization or a leading development organization
• Experience managing client and/or stakeholder relationships
• Experience and proven results in complex program delivery
• Experience working in a highly collaborative, small team environment
• Experience living / working / traveling outside of Nigeria preferred, but not required
• Experience working on project proposals and business development activities preferred, but not required
Terms and Conditions
• The base location for this assignment is Abuja, Nigeria.
• Candidate will be responsible for their relocation cost to Abuja if required
To apply, visit Accenture Career Page