Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited, currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Roles and Responsibilities
The pharmacists will work closely with medical and nursing staff to ensure that patients receive the best care, counsel, prescription and administration. Responsible for the purchasing and merchandizing of all medicines needed and used for the hospital. Provide general help and advice to patients in all aspects of their medicines.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities include the following and other duties as may be assigned:
• Liaising with other medical staff on problems patients may experience when taking their medicines
• Discussing treatments with patients' and GPs
• Ensuring medicines are stored appropriately and securely
• Maintain and secure all drug purchase, merchandizing and off the shelve record in the hospital electronic computing system.
• Answering questions about medicines from within the hospital.
• Writing guidelines for drug use within the hospital and implementing hospital regulations.
• Providing information on drug consumption, expenditures and reorder level.
• Preparing and quality-checking sterile medications, for example, intravenous medications.
• Checking prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient.
• Providing advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication.
• Participating in ward rounds, taking patient drug histories and involvement in decision-making on appropriate treatments.
• Timely resolving patients’ complaints
• And any other task as may be assigned to you from time to time which reasonably help to achieve the hospital goal to provide 1st class healthcare services.
• The right candidate must have a minimum of a B.Pharm from a recognized Institution
• Must have completed his/her NYSC program
• 1-3 years experience in similar practice
• Must be computer literate
To apply for this position, go to Job Post on Zoho