Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
HIFASS is therefore seeking the employment of:
- The role of the Accountant is to assist the Managing Director in providing complete financial services as dictated by HIFASS Broad program operating contractual obligations, donor requirement and Nigerian regulations.
- S/He will administer and maintain comprehensive reporting and budgeting systems. Provide HIFASS management and other partnering organizations with timely financial information to enable all levels to make timely operating decisions.
- These services may include, but are not limited to, appropriated dollar funds available for administration and technical program purposes, budgetary preparations, reporting & control, financial advice, income management, financial reporting to partners, annual accounts preparation, payroll, business restructuring, staff salary evaluation & development.
- This also includes covering a variety of payment activities with respect to:, employees' salaries, allowances and with holdings; and other funds as required.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and control the departmental expenditure that exists within the budgets.
- S/He will initiate and participate in the planning, installation, maintenance and supervision of an adequate system of internal control for the processing, accounting and reporting of all HIFASS obligations and liquidation actions.
- Develop and maintain a compensation structure and benefit policy with support the organization’s goals and financial structure.
- Record and account for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
- Monthly bank reconciliations, including General Ledger research and reconciliation.
- Support preparation of standard and ad hoc management reports through information verification, proofreading, assembly and other related activities.
- Work with HR Manager to process staff payroll, remit tax and other government contributions and report to local agencies.
- Prepare cash receipts for posting, applying payments and performing producer statement reconciliation.
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
- Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with HIFASS procurement policy.
- Provide assistance to program staff in office and project budget preparation.
- Prepare and mail monthly billing statements.
- Compliance for all policy administration activities on expenditures based upon the established General Underwriting Guidelines.
- Issue reports in accordance with weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Have a clear understanding of the distribution of requirements for reporting according to available cooperative agreements.
- To maintain departmental storage and retrieval systems.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Reporting Skills and efficient use of spreadsheet and data base softwares and Quickbooks.
- Budgets and financial analysis and projection techniques;
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Auditing principles and practices.
- Attention to Detail and Deadline-Oriented.
- Reporting Research Results and general accounting rules.
- Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management and General Math Skills.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Degree or Higher degree in Accountancy or related discipline.
- Minimum of Six years post NYSC experience in administrative support, posting financial data to ledgers, preparing invoices, billings and/or vouchers, reviewing and maintaining account balances.
- Must be an Associate Member of ICAN or ACCA with other relevant Professional qualifications.
- Previous experience working with Health NGOs and international donor funded program will also be added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter and Resume to "The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)" via e-mail in MS Word Doc format to: email@example.com specifying the position title as the SUBJECT of the mail on or before the close of business of the closing date above.
Note: Only candidates resident in Abuja will be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.