Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization (501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
- All drivers must comply with the policies, rules and procedures and instructions governing the use of vehicles and observe all traffic regulations
- Drivers must possess a valid driver’s licence
- It is the drivers responsibility to ensure that vehicle log books are completed at all times, following all trips, fuelling and maintenance
- You should have a thorough knowledge of Nigerian road network especially the Northern region, and should possess the ability to drive for long hours in the case of long route
- You are expected to conduct daily checks of the vehicles engine oil,radiator,power steering oil, brake fluid oil etcetera
- You must wear seat belts at all times and maintain official and road safety speed limits
- Report any fault to supervisor promptly
- Ensure that vehicle fuel is not below quarter tank at all times
- Convey staff and equipment to various destinations, including short and long distance trips/travels within and outside the state(including weekends)
- Perform airport pick-ups and drop-offs (including weekends where required)
- Ensure vehicles are safe and secure at all times and in clean condition
- Ensures that no unauthorized persons drive EA vehicles
- Perform any duty as assigned by supervisor
Logistical, Security and Procurement Support:
- In collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics Manager, handles inventory relating to vehicle parts
- Fulfills other administrative duties such as picking up and delivering items and running errands
- Always follow the lead of Security Manager regarding security updates and instructions
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Possess a valid Driver’s Licence
- At Least Secondary School Certificate
- At least 3 years of driving experience
- Knowledge of basic automatic maintenance procedures
- Sound knowledge of routes/road networks
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Working knowledge of road safety rules and regulations
- Well organized and ability to keep to schedule
- A good team worker, hardworking and dedicated, committed and friendly
- Experience working with Local and International NGO is an advantage
- Oral and written communication skills both in Hausa and English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Updated CV including three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
O Hardcopy of CV submitted to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Equal Access Nigeria.
Note: The title of the position should be Clearly stated on the email. We may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.