The University of Lagos invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
The successful applicant to this position will, be called Samuel Asabia Professor of Business Ethics,
A candidate for the position must meet the following criteria:
- PhD in Business Administration/Social Sciences.
- Must not be below Senior Lecturer and must have an impeccable record of teaching and research.
- Not less than eight (8) years of teaching/research experience in the university or comparable institution.
- Show evidence of scholarly contribution to knowledge in the area of Business Ethics in reputable journals, books and monographs.
- Must be able to initiate and develop research projects involving, particularly, team work of a multidisciplinary character, in Business Ethics
- Possess administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Possession of cutting-edge information technology (IT) skills will be an added advantage.
- The Chair has a tenure of two years (renewable for another two years)
Conditions of Service
- As contained in the University of Lagos Condition of Service of Senior Staff
The salary package includes the following:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society subscription allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of detailed application and curriculum vitae which include:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal Address
- E-Mail ------- Telephone No, (Landline/Mobile) -----------
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (including distinctions and credits with dates)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present post.
- Detailed List of Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three referees
- Proposed date of availability of duties if appointed
Application and supporting materials should be submitted to:
The Deputy Registrar,
Human Resource Management Department,
Second Floor, Senate House,
University of Lagos,
Akoka, Lagos State
Further enquiries should be directed to:
Office of Advancement
Top Floor, Bookshop Building
University of Lagos
Tel. No: 08037257799
Academic Staff Unit
Human Resource Management Department
University of Lagos
Tel. No: 08072185236