Allegiant International taps into the world’s best talent to custom design solutions for its clients. We challenge traditional industry business models, bringing you the level of talent you need, when you need it, where you need it, how you need it; at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Experience working in a painting or coatings facility, managing fluid control processes - preferred.
- Engineering degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Required
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint required, background with automation and controls preferred.
- Manufacturing experience, preferably automotive in nature.
- Ability to work any one of 3 shifts and to work weekends as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Proposes and evaluates manufacturing process and equipment for assigned areas of plant
- Directs the development and/or improvements of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Evaluates expenditures for processes and/or equipment
- Provides technical assistance and training for assigned plant operations
- Regular contact with others outside the work group
- Works closely with production and maintenance personnel and suppliers to ensure timely completion of projects
- Analyze tooling and equipment and select proper steps for solution
- Meet plant goals and standards in safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting SPQRC initiatives
- Must support plant in achieving Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost goals
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and holiday overtime as required
- Supports/implements the QS9000/ISO14001/(GMS) Global Manufacturing System compliance processes
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint - Intermediate level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool - Intermediate level
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Expert knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes
- Position related experience - 8 years
- Relevant auto industry experience required - 3-6 years
- Areas of expertise include: Manufacturing, Assembly Process
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Suppliers agree that all candidates submitted / matched to this assignment will successfully complete the required Drug Testing and Background Checks prior to the supplier confirming the acceptance of the assignment.
go to method of application »
- This position is for a Controls Engineer at the Fairfax Assembly & Stamping Plant in Kansas City, KS.
- Candidates must be capable of performing in a highly technical Global Controls environment and assignments may include working in Plant Engineering, Body Shop, Paint Shop, or General Assembly depending upon individual strengths and capabilities.
- Must be able to work any shift.
Of This Position Include Technical Support Activities Such As:
- Controls modifications and continuous improvement (TIPS)
- Process Controls Management (i.e. Paint, Sealer, error proofing)
- Production Guidance (technical troubleshooting and direction)
- Planning Activities
- Launch Activities
- Maintenance Supervision (directing of hourly trades to perform work as necessary)
- High level of analytical ability and creativity where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Strong work ethic (self-starter, responsible, follow through on assignments)
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required
- Understanding of manufacturing and tooling processes required
- Comfortable with technology tools (PCs, Microsoft Office)
- Flexibility (work hours, rotating shifts, moving quickly from one assignment to another as priorities change)
- PLC-based automation control systems, particularly Rockwell/AB PLCs
- Robot automation, particularly Fanuc
- Vision Systems
- Automated welding and adhesive/sealing dispense
- Machine control HMI's/ user interface
- Drives / Motion control
- Conveyance technologies
- Industrial networking
- MS Office proficiency
- Fanuc Robotics (P500, S500, P200, etc…)
- Vision Systems (ISRA, DVT)
- Dispense Tool/Paint Tool Programming/Weld Spot Tool
- SCA Schucker Sealer Systems
- Behr/Duhr Bell Spray Applications
- Laser Welding Applications
- Weld Controls (Medar, WTC, SQ D)
- Global Error Proofing (GEP)
- Siemens HMI's
- Wireless Applications (RF Tags, EPS)
- UD & C /MASS
- Drives (MoviMot, AB Powerflex, AB Multi Versions)
- PFS Applications (Cimplicity, PM & C, AMTK, PR & T)
- Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Allegiant International Career Page on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.