Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro was established by Decree No.33 of July 25, 1979. It was opened to students on November 15, 1979 on a temporary site provided by its host community, the ancient town of Ilaro, Ogun State.
The first site of the Polytechnic was the premises of the Anglican Grammar School, Ilaro about half a kilometre from Ilaro township junction. The Polytechnic was on this temporary site till 1983 when it moved to its permanent site along Ilaro/Oja-Odan Road, about three kilometres from Ilaro township.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Registrar shall be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration of the Institution and shall perform such other duties as the Counsellor, as the case may be, the Rector may from time to time require him to do. He/She shall be the Secretary to the Council, the Academic Board and any Committee of the Council.
Qualification and Experience
- Applicant should hold a good Honours degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least seventeen (17) years cognate experience; or a holder of a Master’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience; or a holder of Doctorate degree plus at least twelve (12) years cognate experience in Tertiary Institution.
- He/She must have occupied the position of a Deputy Registrar for a period of not less than five (5) years in a higher Institution of learning.
- The Registrar must be a person of proven integrity.
- He/She must be intellectually and professional sound and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of Polytechnic System.
- He/She must also be vast in Public Service Rules and be computer literate.
- He/She must be loyal to the Chief Executive and the Council, and assist effectively in the running of the affairs of the Polytechnic.
Tenure Of Appointment
- The appointment will be for five(5) years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another period of five (5) years and no more.
CONTEDISS 15 (N4,866,343.44-N5,407,503.0) Per Annum.
Conditions Of Services
- The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send twenty (20) typewritten copies of applications and CV's given information in the following order:
- Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
- Date and Place of birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages(s) of Children
- Present appointment with date and salary
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Community Service
- Mission Statement/Proposal on making the Registry fulfils her objective
- Extra Curriculum activities
- Names and Addresses of three(S) referees (Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar)
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope “The Polytechnic Registrar" to reach:
P.M.B. 50, Ilaro,