United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-77-2015
Level: National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Purpose of the Post
- Under the direct guidance of the Health Specialist Cold Chain and Logistics L4, Health Section, Abuja the incumbent will manage the supply and logistics operations of the immunization program delivery services supply and logistic processes and systems requiring advanced professional technical mastery and expertise in support of operations and programme objectives.
- Accountable for effective planning, procurement, distribution, monitoring and inventory management of immunization program supplies in support of the Health Section
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- University Degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering and Advanced degree in a related area of study. Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management supply management etc)
- Five years of relevant professional work experience at national providing technical support in the area of logistics, supply chain management, cold chain and similar activities.
- Fluency in English is a requirement Knowledge of another UN language an asset.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management preferably in a developing country contest
- Mastery of technical knowledge (product knowledge market research/analysts) required for Supply
- Management/Purchasing/Contracting (e.g., vaccine equipment medical supplies contracts customs function taxation insurance etc)
- Knowledge of managing inventory transport, and diverse logistics operations (e g programme supply & logistics) in the international environment.
- Knowledge of supply/contracting/logistics policies, goals, strategies, and approaches
- Knowledge of public procurement principles and processes
- Knowledge of procurement process from procurement planning to execution to contract management and administration including procurement methods and tools of good procurement practice
- Knowledge of establishing strategic, long term and sustainable procurement arrangements
- Knowledge of general principles and processes involved in risk management in procurement, including risk analysis and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of financial and legal implications in procurement process
- Knowledge of category management.
go to method of application »
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-01-2016
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 11.5 months
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose, of this consultancy is to support Government and NGO partners (including community based groups) to strengthen reporting an response for children and women who have experienced violence, including gender based violence.
- UNICEF is looking for two national consultants to support the implementation of the programme - one to cover Plateau State and one to cover Gombe State
Major tasks to be accomplished:
- Support state and non-state actors to strengthen the child protection system including modelling a pilot in four Local Government Areas
- Support the state to launch the their campaign to end violence against children and their priority responses
- Organize framings as needed for frontline workers on child protection and GBV in Gombe and Plateau States
- Develop a costed advocacy plan for the passing of the Child Rights Act (CRA) in Gombe State in Plateau State support the effective implementation f the Plateau State Child Rights Law (CRL)
- In collaboration with the Child Protection Specialist in Bauchi, assist with overseeing the child protection mapping and assessment in Gombe including technical assistance for the research team help organize and facilitate validation meetings and backstop for the research team
- Strengthen the information management system for child protection and GBV
- Participate in any state level coordination of groups related to child protection and GBV for advocacy for child protection and GBV concerns in Gombe and Plateau States
- University degree in Social Science, Law or related field (Masters or equivalent level)
- Five years experience of relevant professional work experience on child rights child protection social welfare or GBV/gender Issues”‘
- Experience in project management
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Familiarity with the systems strengthening approach to child protection
- Experience in working in Plateau/Gombe
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org While sending their applications, candidates are advised to put the position title on the subject line of their emails.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.