Our Client, a business conglomerate with presence in different sectors including Consumer Products, Corporate Services and Infrastructure is seeking to hire the service of a phenomenal candidate with sales experience in glass fittings, automatics and building materials in Lagos.
The role will comprise building relationships with Construction Companies, Architects, Specifiers, Contractors, Civil Engineers, Civil Specifiers, House builders, Developers, Local Authorities and Housing Associations by targeting specific market areas with them and offering product, sales and technical support.
Create sales channel for:
- Glass Accessories like patch fittings, shower hinges, spider, clamp etc.
- Experience in Automatics like Sliding Door Machine, Revolving Door Machine, Digital Locks etc would be preferred.
- Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
The successful Candidate will:
- Develop the Go to Market Plan to Achieve the Above from B2B clients. EXECUTE ON THE PLAN
- Responsible for Lead Generation & Opening New Accounts
- Meet Architects, Specifiers, Contractors & Glass Fabricators; push them to specify Stanley brands for most projects
- Identify potential customer list, meet decision makers & push them to make buying decision
- Convert Above Leads to Active & Regular Business, with Each Account
- Understand their Monthly Requirement
- Understand Our Competition: Difference in Product, Price & Other Service Offerings
- Maximize Business w each Customer
- Find new avenues to meet potential big customers (Trade fair, builders / Architect forum), communicate about product & convert them to sales orders
- HND/BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Electronics or any related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of selling technical equipment and building materials e.g soldering iron, glass/Automatics to B2B clients
- Specification sales experience ideally with architects, housing associations or local authorities
- Commercial Acumen (Need identification, market awareness, competitor awareness)
Applicants who do not meet with the above criteria need not apply as only successful candidates will be contacted.
go to method of application »
- Appointing New & Developing existing Dealers in assigned territory
- Identify new market; develop new accounts for business growth
- Manage and handle sales enquiries, prepare & submit quotations, closing sales and provide quality supply & after sales service to customers.
- Establish, build and maintain good cordial relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Organize, attend trade shows/exhibitions and support all branding initiatives of parent company & also dealers/customers
- Lead sales effort to potential targeted accounts in liaison with internal sales.
- Communicate on competition activities – pricing, products, deals, and also potential new designs, varieties, types of products being used in the marketplace.
- Develop understanding of product application (roofing tiles installation process) so as to be able to provide field technical support to clients for speedy & quality execution.
• University graduate preferably with a degree in Business / Sales & Marketing.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in building materials etc key sales experience in similar
• Preferably from a roofing or allied industry
• Proven track record in specification sales to architects, dealers, local authorities and main contractors.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Experience in construction and / or specialized building materials
• Highly developed research and analytical skills
• Thorough understanding of Channel & Direct Sales
• Understanding of international trading & logistics
• Must have good contacts and experience dealing with architects in the region.
• Must have experience of specifying into commercial and public sector projects.
• Must have experience of selling branded tiles to architects, end-users and building contractors
A proven track record of selling Building Materials, Roofing tiles or similar products to the dealer market and also have experience in selling to Estate Developers, Builders, architects, interior designers, Contractors, including residential and social housing, the leisure industry, hospitals and public (Govt.) buildings and State Housing projects & contractors
• Strategic / persuasive approach to business development
• Strong, disciplined “needs satisfaction” selling skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• MS Excel & MS Word working knowledge
• Ability to work equally on own initiative and as part of a team
• A methodical approach to work
• Attention to detail & Flexibility
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure & targets
• Technical graduate preferable
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply on SmartRecruiters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale