If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Vacancy No: VN-NGR-74-2015
Adamawa, Kebbi & Sokoto
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 11 months
Purpose of the Post
- Under the nutrition specialist the consultant is to provide technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and Community Infant and Young Child Feeding (c-IVCF) activities at the state, LGA and community levels including supporting rapid nutrition (SMART) surveys and Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH)week activities.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- University degree in Nutrition or Public Health or Nursing or Biochemistry or related technical areas, and at least minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in management of acute malnutrition/CMAM program, basic nutrition programming, track records.
- Exposure to Implement monitor and supervise SAM (severe acute malnutrition) and c-IYCF programmes.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation in general.
- Proficiency in written and oral English language, good communication and networking skills, as well as familiarity with working its a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work in the field with partners for majority of contract.
- In-depth understanding of malnutrition and household food security from nutrition/public health point of view.
- Demonstrated skills with statistics analysis software related to data management.
- Ability to understand and speak local language will bears advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org While sending their applications, candidates are advised to put the position title on the subject line of their emails.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form