Executive Career at Mainone Cable
Posted on: 24 December, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Reporting Line: Head, Corporate Services and Development
- The Head, IT will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of MainOne’s IT requirement.
- The jobholder will oversee and coordinate Main One’s information technology environment and ensure consistent IT system availability to support the business.
Specifically, the responsibilities of the Head, IT shall include to:
- Implement and integrate the various systems and technology initiatives necessary to achieve Main One’s business goals.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts aimed at developing IT business solutions, and ensure optimal leverage of technology to effectively carry out MainOne’s business operations and processes.
- Establish and enforce IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the integrity, availability, confidentiality and security of corporate data and information.
- Maintain appropriate business relationships with relevant IT vendors and suppliers and ensure compliance with agreed service levels.
- Manage and develop upgrades to the company's telephone system and oversee all telephone changes, including routing.
- Champion the process of selling the business case for implementing new IT business solutions to relevant stakeholders and obtain necessary approvals for implementing identified solutions.
- Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery implementation ensuring timely and continuous system availability at all times.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the division’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Ensure adequate management of MainOne’s IT budget and assets and ensure adequate availability of IT devices for relevant end-users.
- Ensure all escalated IT related/Help Desk issues are effectively resolved and in a timely manner.
- Implement the requirements of the Information Security Policy.
- arrange and attend service review meetings on a regular basis.
- First degree in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years’ work experience with at least five (5) years at management level.
- Process driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Technical & expert IT proficiency
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Knowledge and experience of using: Information systems, ERPs, LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft Exchange; Internet Information Services; Oracle; Web design, software development languages and backup systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on Mainone's career website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Google Nigeria Recruiting for Product Marketing Manager, Grow with Google
- Pre-Sales Lead at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at 9mobile
- Business Development Director/Sales Director at MCM Solutions
- Software Engineer at Codetouch Technologies Limited
- Banking/Financial Application Software (Web/Desktop) Developer at Access Solutions Limited
- Senior Associate, Housing at eHealth Africa (eHA)
- Senior Associate, Marketing, Sales & Relationship Management (MSRM) at Emerging Platforms