Ascension Legal Services (ALS) is one of Nigerian’s foremost law firm. We provide professional legal consulting and business support services. We are focused on providing qualitative internationally acceptable based legal solutions with track records in taxation, regulatory, merger & acquisition, litigation & alternative dispute resolution.
In our years of experience, ALS has developed considerable legal expertise and accumulated wealth of knowledge in various sectors of the Nigerian economy particularly taxation in the oil and gas sector.
We are seeking a dynamic and result oriented litigation lawyer to join our legal team.
Department: Civil & Criminal
Position Type: Full Time Employment
The Responsibilities of this position will include
- Conducting legal research on various issues relating to developing issues in tax
- Drafting and analyzing legal documents and agreements
- Advocacy and solicitors’ work and other incidental tasks.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
- Advising on financing of commercial projects
- Advising on acquisition and disposal of assets
- Meeting and managing local and international clients
- Advising clients on legal/regulatory and policy developments
- Advising on legal and regulatory issues in projects and transactions
The Successful candidate will be a highly skilled and suitably experienced professional in the Legal Business. He / She must have:
- A university degree in Law from a reputable university.
- A minimum of seven years post-call to bar experience with flare for tax litigation services in a structured organization.
- Membership of relevant professional association such as the Nigerian Bar Association, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), Chartered Institute of Taxation, etc].
- Must have handled cases from tribunal to Supreme Court.
- Possession of a higher degree (LL.M/PhD) in Law will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written & communication skills.
- High integrity and moral standard.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as the ability to take initiative when needed.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word Packages.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their application and CV in Microsoft word or PDF format using their first & last name as the file name to firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting LITIGATION LAWYER as the subject of their mail on or before January 08, 2016.
Candidates whose applications do not follow the above format will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.