Granite Services International, Inc. (www.gsinc.com) helps power the world, building industries and creating solutions to some of our customers’ most complex energy problems. With offices in more than 50 countries, we are a global leader in providing field service solutions to the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, wind, and power & water segments.
We offer exciting career opportunities from technical and craft labor to marketing, IT and administrative positions. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
Our excellent reputation is built on the foundation of our core values: Integrity, EHS, Quality and Productivity. If these are qualities you value, then join us in building and maintaining industries around the world. Granite is a wholly-owned affiliate of General Electric (NYSE: GE).
- The HR Generalist I will provide world class Human Resource services to a Granite business unit by assisting with employee relations, training, compliance, and HR programs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide support to functions by assisting with employee relations, training, and compliance
- Provide tactical HR support to line managers to ensure alignment with business needs
- Assist with the implementation of HR programs and projects to ensure an efficient and effective organization, including onboarding and off boarding, change agility, and compliance
- Collect, analyze, and report HR statistics to capture metrics, demonstrate progression, and make recommendations for improvement
- Deal with employee queries relating to pay disputes, benefits, work related issues, etc.
- Prepare and conduct employee relations and integrity investigations
- Implement new processes and procedures in order to improve efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with the recruitment team to screen candidates and conduct interviews in order to hire the best personnel for each position
- Partner with HR functional teams to implement and administer global programs in the region
- Lead investigations and work with GSI counsel(s) to represent the organization in legal matters as applicable
- Assist the HR Manager with analysis and maintenance of local, statutory programs as applicable
- Assist HR Managers with resolving performance evaluation forms
- Assist with field employee communications regarding HR programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Demonstrated global business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid project and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and implement change agility programs
Education and/or Experience
- Two or more years of experience in an HR role demonstrating experience in named areas, specifically- Employee Relations, Talent Management, Performance Management and Recruiting/Staffing; PHR certification strongly preferred.
- HR experience in construction/maintenance variable manpower preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field is preferred.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Granite's career website