CELEBRATING LIFE - EVERY DAY, EVERYWHERE.
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more.
Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why 'celebrating life every day, everywhere' is at the core of what we do.
Reports to: Portfolio Director – Lager & RTD
We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness.
Guinness Nigeria is regarded as an iconic African company, renowned internationally for its brands of unmatched quality.
Role and Accountabilities
- Leads team to deliver powerful brand plans across the brand, effectively balancing short and long term performance delivery. Exceptional at identifying critical issues, and balances intuition and data to reach breakthrough solutions and action plans. Engages the entire organization behind one vision.
- Accountable for delivery of the F16 annual operating plan. Effective business partner with commercial teams, and develops innovative brand activity that meets the needs of both the brand and key customers/partners that is executed brilliantly.
- Ruthless focus on brilliant execution. Drives self and teams to demand world class outputs, and will never settle for second best. Identifies executional problems quickly and implements solutions including those relating to route to market challenges i.e. pricing/value chain, cost of goods.
- Support & inspire the rest of the RTD Brand Team and act as a role model for leading through other cross functional teams
- Find solutions/ Sees possibilities – You think in the future, anticipating trends and opportunities but have pace in your ability to translate ideas into scalable, actionable plans that drive change.
- Performance and execution driven- You are committed to drive positive change in business performance. You are results driven and stop at nothing to ensure you deliver high quality results consistently.
- Grow yourself - committed to the development of self and others
- Strategic penetration - Develops and leads effective brand plans and strategy development across the business cycle. Effectively consults stakeholders to gain alignment and input. Searches for new ways to connect with the consumer through deep understanding of their motivations and challenges. Drives brand delivery against these insights
- Motivating cross functional teams and agencies – Quickly build group empathy and effectively challenge the group but take a collective approach.
- Marketing judgement– Able to recognize and build powerful creative ideas that inspire consumers and unleash rapid brand growth.
- Commerciality – Is an effective business partner with commercial teams, and develops innovative brand activity that meets the needs of both the brand and key customers/partners.
- Brilliant Execution – Demonstrates multiple project management excellence, delegating appropriately and ruthlessly drives efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in marketing / business or other related discipline.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (6 years+)
- Excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Experience of working on Status brands & understanding of Execution standards required for the aspirational and demanding consumer.
- Experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Extensive experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders and build excellent relationships.
- Not having a positive outlook, not focusing your energy on finding opportunities and solutions that will transform the trajectory of RTD portfolio in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on BrassRing - Senior Brand Manager Orijin - RTD & Bitters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale