The Federal Ministry of Communications wishes to invite application from suitably qualified Nigerians from within and outside the Agency (NIPOST) to fill the position below for the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST), with its Headquarters located in Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Post Master General of the Federation (PMG)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be generally responsible for:
- Implement the National Postal Policy as may from time to time be modified or amended
- Establish a regulatory framework for the Nigerian Postal Industry by creating. an effective, impartial and independent regulatory authority
- Setting Strategy and Directive of the Agency (NIPOST);
- Modeling and setting the organizational culture;
- Building and leading the Senior Executive Team;
- Allocating Capital to the agency's priorities
Specifically, the Post Master General should strive to:
- Make the Postal Service Internationally Competitive and more Technology and Customer Centric;
- To ensure continual change and improvement to better meet the needs. of the Nigerian Public;
- Ensure efficient effective allocation of people and resources.
- Ensure efficient and effective day-to-day activities of over 1200 post offices with large number of Employees workforce,
- Effective labour Relations and Employee Resource management
- Foster cooperation between postal sector employers that will endure a truly universal network of up-to date product and service
- Harness and leverage from the Technical Assistance of the International Organization; Universal Postal Service (UPS) as well as the Regional Body, Pan African Postal Union (PAPU)
- The candidate must be not less than 45 years of Age and not more than 55years as at the time of appointment and should possess a minimum of Postgraduate Qualification with at least 25 years Post-graduation (Bachelors Degree) cognate experience part of which must be in management based discipline.
Character and Expectations
The successful candidate must not only be a person of high capabilities to lead, but must also possess:
- Highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people and financial Resources
- A Reputation for outstanding performance
- Proven ability to think strategically and to design long term plans
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills,
- A minimum of post graduate qualification with at least 25 years post-graduation( Bachelors Degree) cognate experience part of which must be in management discipline
- The candidate must have served at least four years as a Federal Director or its equivalent and be experienced in the management of an organization wIth a large employee work force.
- Experience in emerging technologies of ICT
Condition of Service
The conditions of service are the same as those applicable to similar consolidated positions In Federal Government Parstatals/Agencies and Allied institutions In Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate (Internal and External) are to apply by forwarding typed application with Fifteen (15) copies of their current Curriculum Vitae to include:
- Present Employment and Emolument
- Personal Data, Contact Address with Telephone numbers
- Relevant Job Experience/List of Relevant Publications
- Distinctions/Special Awards (if any)
- Photocopies of relevant credentials and any other relevant information, deemed fit
- Name of three Referees one of whom must be their present Head of institution
- Candidates already in the service of the government of the Federation are to forward their application through their present Heads of Organization.
The application should be sent and addressed to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Minister of Communication,
Phase 1, Annex III,
Shehu Shagari Way,
Submitted online to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale