Vacancy in a Building and Construction Company via Michael Stevens
Posted on: 21 December, 2015
Deadline: 4 January, 2016
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting is a well known consulting practice with first class strategic alliances.
Our client a leading player in the Building and Construction Industry requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Market Development Officer.
The market Developmet Officer will be responsible for the overall business development activities in the region covering the following areas:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
Method of Application
Send CVs to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with JOB TITLE AS SUBJECT within 2 weeks of job placement
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services Limited
- Front Desk/ Admin Officer at a Dubai Based Project Mangement and Construction Company
- Latest Job Openings at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- IT Intern - Graduate Trainee at DO.II Designs Ltd
- Interior Architect at iDesign
- Residence Manager- Student Hostel at Student Accommod8 (SA8)
- Retail Manager- VAS at Student Accomod8
- HSE Manager at GreenKey Facility Management Limited