Vacancy at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Posted on: 19 December, 2015
Deadline: 31 December, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc is headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
Specialization: Electricity / Power / Utility Engineering Planning and Analysis
- Assist the Chief Technical Officer on a wide range of issues which includes collecting, analyzing and summarizing all relevant technical data.
- Works closely with the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) on a wide range of issues which includes collecting, analyzing and summarizing all relevant technical data
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the course of technical analysis based on sound engineering expertise in the area of power technology.
- Represents the CTO, traveling out of the state and to field offices to participate in meetings and develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Undertakes research, investigation and clarifications after meetings and follow up as needed. Specific technical knowledge in electrical as well as strong foundational understanding of other engineering disciplines is necessary for the individual to perform as an expert in the various roles within the Technical Operations Department.
- Documents and provides technical assistance and help prepare the presentations, write analysis, summaries and reports for the CTO’s.
- Evaluates, reviews and interprets technical inquiries, and be able to provide recommendations at the appropriate level to both existing and potential internal clients, as may be directed by the Chief Technical Officer.
- Updates knowledge on electricity industry, customer groups, regulations, and communicates issues relating to the industry that may be of interest to the CTO.
- Review briefs forwarded to the CTO, highlighting relevant areas for CTO’s attention.
- Learns company/client policies and procedures for the development of site designs for electrical distribution facilities to serve a variety of customers.
- Prepares site drawings and construction sketches for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost - effective manner that maximizes safety and services reliability.
- Prepares project or job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.
- Properly apply company/client reliability principals for each project design ensuring a safe and cost effective design and installation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option), or any related field
- A Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Option), is an added advantage
- A Professional Qualification in Engineering is desired
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in Engineering field.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply on IBEDC's career website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Pl...Similar Jobs
- Job Openings at Hausba Smarthomes Limited
- Sales and Marketing Executives at TekniTeed Nigeria Limited
- Field Service Engineers at Culminate Consulting
- Jobs at a Reputable Automobile Company
- IT Staff at World Equipment Protection System Ltd. (WEPSL)
- Director of Operations at Sealing Engineering Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at TRANOS
- Jobs at Excel Creative Network Limited