Career Opportunity at Save the Children
Posted on: 19 December, 2015
Deadline: 23 December, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children International is a 'dual mandate' organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work. This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
- Technical lead for development and management of accountability structures and systems across the country program.
- The role is responsible for ensuring fully embedded practical and effective mechanisms for accountability to children within the country programme, via capacity building, championing and supporting Implementation.
Key Areas of Accountability
Set up of Accountability Structures:
- Facilitate accountability assessments and implementation planning
- Capacity building of Program/Project team and partners on concept, use, role and management of CRM
- Support field staff to set up and manage accountability mechanisms.
- Support partner organizations in setting up accountability mechanisms
- Ensure accountability features in, and is resourced in, all new proposals
- Provide technical support for Child Participation processes throughout the program cycle
- Maintain overview of/coordinate the implementation of the accountability work plan by Accountability Focal points and other Save the Children and partner staff, and monitor effectiveness of the mechanisms set up.
Management of Central Complaints Response Mechanism:
- Establishment and smooth functioning of the central Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Coordination with field office MEAL teams, program teams and partner staffs for raising awareness on CRM
- Manage toll free number and other means of CRM and ensure all CRMs (hotline, complain box, hoarding board) are functional at State, LGA and community levels
- Manage Complaints and Response Mechanism Central Database; aggregate complaints/feedbacks from field level databases into the central complaints database.
- Periodic supervision of all CRM personnel to ensure complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner and beneficiaries are communicated with the in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback
- Support MEAL Coordinators/Accountability focal points conduct quarterly survey for Complaints Satisfaction Assessment
- Maintain confidentiality in case of serious complaint lodged through CRM and share with proper channel.
- Provide CRM Report on a monthly basis to Head of MEAL for dissemination to SMT.
Design and Monitor Information Sharing Platforms/Product Dissemination:
- Develop and monitor implementation of the CO information Sharing plan
- Support identifications and development of appropriate information sharing products and systems for projects/field offices
- Create & update organizational profile that includes information on all project in the country program.
Coordination with Program Team on CRM:
- Provide timely reminder to the concerned program staffs for the completion of actions agreed in the action plan tracker related to CRM
- Ensure that Program Staff handle complaints as per CRM Design specifications and are sharing the information with team members
- Facilitating in holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities regarding CRM
- Support Program Team and Verification and Investigation Committee for verification of complaints registered & Ensure the timely resolution of the complaints & completion of CRM database.
- Support MEAL Coordinator/Officer for field verification of all project related output monitoring data.
Skills & Experience
- At least a Post Graduate Degree in related field and10 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in or understanding of programme accountability principles
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Very good listening and facilitation skills - capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with programme participants, children, parents/caregivers, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Ability to mobilise people - to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in Save the Children’s ways of working
- Knowledge and experience of child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply on Save the Children's career website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Graphic Artist at the Institute of Credit Administration
- Security and Logistics Manager at Education Development Center
- Consultant - Social Safety Net Mechanisms at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Consultants at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- HR Coordinator at Solidarites International (SI)
- Panagora Group Latest Recuitment
- Team Lead at ACDI/VOCA Nigeria
- Procurement and Logistics Manager at FHI 360