Sales Managers in a Leading Bank
Posted on: 4 July, 2012
Deadline: 17 July, 2012
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Workforce Management Centre
Our client, a leading bank is a member of an International Group with range of products in business and personal banking, and corporate and investment banking. In a bid to continue to meet the needs of the ever growing customer base and as a result of business growth, our client has employed the services of Workforce Management Centre Limited to source suitable roles for the vacant roles:
Manager Sales (WFMC/07/03)
Locations: Aba, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Akure, Ife, Ilorin, Ado Ekiti, Osogbo, Ilesa, Iwo, Ondo, Benin, Asaba, Warri, Awka, Onitsha, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Lagos
• To primarily drive new-to-bank customer acquisition across assigned regions, with a key focus on the Workplace Banking Strategy.
• To assume direct accountability of people, resources, sales targets and business opportunities in the Region in line with PBB objectives
• The role is also responsible to coach and guide the Direct Sales Managers and Direct Sales Agents towards their respective sales target achievements, including other supervisory functions assigned by the Zone Head or Head, Sales Network
• Identify and engage target Companies/Associations/Unions etc within assigned Region, on a continuous basis for acquisition opportunities in Personal and Business Banking.
• Leading & coordinating marketing efforts via meetings, presentations and/or workshops.
• Monitor and manage sales against targets by tracking all recorded sales and activity schedules.
• Provide Direct Sales Managers with necessary information and effective engagement plans on new sale acquisition opportunities.
• To focus sales activities for new client acquisition on Blue, Silver, Gold and SMEs segments specifically.
• Coordinate and recommend for approval company enlistment requests for the Unsecured Personal Loan (UPL) offering within region(s) of coverage.
• Assume accountability of weekly sales activity reports to Zone Head.
• Identify and engage opportunities in local markets such as market associations/representatives, Cooperative Societies, Associations or Unions within the Region.
• Credit Management
• Facilitate partnership with Credit department to stimulate business growth without compromising risk & asset quality.
• Educate and mentor Direct Sales Managers in the general knowledge and application of credit principles and practices in the Business Banking and Personal Markets.
• Responsible to handle and manage all inquiries, processes, cheque collection for payroll schemes and other related issues originating on approved Companies in region of coverage
• Ensure adequate record keeping of all approved company enlistments, enhancements or de-listings, loan payment schedules via Payroll deduction and employee disengagement/exit reports received from the Company,
• Responsible for employee schemes of Companies within region of coverage
• Timely reconciliation of all dedicated SRAs assigned under existing relationships, and any established under new customer acquisition.
• Ensure all team members are linked to the sales group email for the Region and details of disengaged/exiting members removed accordingly.
• Effective supervision of the regional support team on back office functions relating to account opening, loan processing and booking etc. The support team must also submit daily activity report to the Sales Manager.
• Ensure timely sign-off on AFF requests and offer letters for New Clients only to enable us deal in credit.
• Ensure adequate staffing of the regional sales team.
• Identify and plan learning interventions for team members in conjunction with Zone Head of Sales Support.
• Motivate and manage staff in the Region to ensure that performance levels and quality standards are achieved throughout the Region.
• Implement the recognition and reward systems for exceptional performance. Ensure poor performance is consistently identified and managed.
• Develop leadership capabilities among Direct Sales managers in the region.
• Build and ensure cordial effective relationships with Branch Heads, Regional Heads and other relevant internal units.
• Talent management / career management
• Ensure that sound people practices are followed and that all people objectives are met
KEY PERFORMANCE ISSUES
• Ensure growth targets are met.
• Market penetration and growth in market share across PBB.
IMPORTANT AND CRITICAL RELATIONSHIPS
It is essential to maintain good relationships with the following stakeholders;
• Zone Heads, Regional Managers and Branch Managers
• Regional Sales Teams (DSMs and DSAs)
• Credit Department
• Branch Fulfilment Center (BFC)
• Customer Care Center (CCC)
PROBLEM SOLVING AND PLANNING SKILLS
• Required to work around difficult and complex situations, while applying fundamental principles and practices to meet business targets
• Required to use initiative, be creative and innovative in delivering cutting edge solutions to clients and prospects.
• Sales activities are planned on a short to medium term basis, especially as it relates to Strategic Marketing & Related issues.
• Daily to weekly planning is required for more aggressive marketing & market penetration.
• Focus on meeting assigned PBB target which also impacts on the regional target.
• University Degree in any discipline
• Advanced/Professional Degree or Professional Qualification in Sales Management will be an added advantage.
• Excellent understanding of Banking Operations, Products and Services
• Good grasp of the Nigerian Economy & Financial Markets.
• Excellent use of MS Office Applications, Excel and PowerPoint applications
• Leadership and Management experience/training.
• Thorough working knowledge of the bank’s products services and the transactional process flow within the Retail banking space
• Minimum 6 years post NYSC experience in banking/related function.
• Experience in Managing and Leading a successful team
• Experience in and meeting targets/budgets
• Minimum of a 2.1 B.Sc degree
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should click here to register and apply within 2 weeks of this publication.
Please note that this position is meant for people currently working in banks. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Workforce Management CentreSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunity at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Spring of Life Investment & Cooperative Society of Nigeria (SOLIACS)
- Credit Officers at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited
- 2017 Access Bank Internship Program
- Access Bank Entry-Level Graduate Recruitment Programme 2017
- Job Opening at Sahel Capital
- Risk Analyst at Citi Bank
- Latest Job Opportunity at The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)