Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Regional Marketing Manager for North Region and South Region
Responsible for the acquisition and retention of all segments (HV-Mass-Youth) customers for the specified region. This role is also responsible for approximately 50% of the regions revenue. The role must co-ordinate closely with Heads of HV, Mass & Youth segments to ensure a consistent strategic approach to this segment including, Product, Branding, Marketing Communications, Sales, Retail, Acquisition and Retention strategy. This role is responsible for growing X% of the customer base & SOGA and y% of the revenue in specified region.
Achieve the desired revenue from the base by designing and developing customized retention and acquisition programs
- Prepaid: By planning and achieving an optimal balance between the recharge revenue and the usage by the customer
- Hybrid: By developing and implementing programs to enhance the revenue by facilitating customer upgrades wrt the rental revenue, airtime usage and chargeable tariffs.
- To grow revenue within the HV, Youth and Mass base at x times greater than Airtel or Market growth
- Implement bundling programs across the Youth and Mass base and ensure X% of Youth and Y% of Mass customers are bundled by the end of FY13/14
- HV, youth and Mass partnerships identification & develop programs around the same
- Grow %SOGA by zones and region by constant engagement of the Channels to drive GADs
To develop HV, Youth and Mass service strategy within the Region
- By creating new partnerships with relevant institutions such as retail, handset providers, fast-food restaurants, Universities, second markets and so on.
- Organizing regular events for this customer base to grow product revenue through lead generation and product upsell and ensuring that each of these events is profitable when assessed on an individual basis.
To create customer base stickiness and hence reduce churn
- Designing, managing, analyzing programs and offers to create stickiness of the base to the network and hence building loyalty.
- HV &Youth churn must be below 1.7% per month. Mass Churn must be below X% per month
- Value churn targets within the Youth and Mass segment will be defined
Decrease the contribution of inactive users in the network (%Winback)
- Monitor the level of activity on the network and drive Winbacks through field teams
- Work in close conjunction with the customer care retention team to implement targeted promotions for the inactive customers
Ensure increase in the contribution of international and roaming in the calling pattern
- Design plans and programs for increasing the penetration and hence the usage of the long distance traffic
- By identifying and hence creating various channels and means of driving the customer to use mobile for long distance calls as against a landline or a local call outlet
Drive profitable smartphone penetration within HV, Youth and Mass base
- Smart phone penetration to be 20% by end of FY13/14 to drive REC
- Develop and drive HV, Youth and Mass bundles and Bring your own device
- Input into the Annual Operating revenue plan and quarterly
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
- First degree in social or pure science.
- A second degree in Business Management will be an added advantage.
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Minimum of 5 year experience in marketing activations and channel branding from agency or FMCG industry
- Excellent command of English language.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word , Excel and Power point.
- Technical Marketing skills
- Good organizational and planning capabilities
- Innovative and quick thinking capabilities
- High level of stress tolerance
- Decision Making
- Must be a good collaborator/Team player
- Lead the process of consumer and customer insight generation in Airtel Networks Nigeria
- Ensure the integrity of insights and its integration in the decision making process
- Manage and control the Marketing OPEX
Increase the focus and yield of marketing investment
- Supporting the strategic planning and decision making process for Airtel, through actionable understanding of consumer needs
Research development management and control
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of consumer, customer research projects based on key user requirements, guidelines and information needs
Monthly research report management
- Coordinate primary market research and analysis, ensuring that research partners develop appropriate design, spread, effective and high quality work
- Develop and implement appropriate training to marketing research area and relevant parts of the organisation
- Continuous analysis of consumer, customer and market trends to identify and recommend new business opportunities to Management Team
- Track behavior of consumer and customer segments providing actionable and meaningful insights into segment definition, product development and marketing strategies
- Build a good working relationship with Market Planning unit as well as with the rest of the marketing department
- Develop and manage close working relationship with research agencies, validating research method and results
- Liaise with various departments to develop the AOP budget
- Provide monthly reporting on actual operating expenditure and bi-monthly preparation of operating expenditure flash and forecast
- Manage the OPEX reconciliation between Marketing and Budget control
- Manage reconciliations of outstanding Marketing spend
- Perform analysis of monthly accrual entries, prepare any necessary adjustments and provides explanations to the Finance teams
- Prepare monthly spend accruals to ensure commitments are adequately booked
Reporting: Prepare weekly report to share with stakeholders
- Prepare weekly report of budget vs. OAF
- Prepare weekly report of OAF vs. PO raised
- Prepare weekly report of PO versus invoice