RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
We trust people in what they do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
About the role
An exciting career opportunity is available for a Category Marketing Manager within the Marketing Department at RB Nigeria.
The role is responsible for setting and delivering the growth objectives for the category and working with the Marketing Director to continuously improve company performance and skills in key marketing investment areas. The Category Manager will be required to lead strategy development, NPD and consumer communication.
Key Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities
- To develop a clear vision for the category at local level in line with regional and global strategic imperatives, and to generate annual and three-year brand plans to deliver the vision. There is full P&L responsibility.
- To lead the development and implementation of the annual business plan, monitor performance and competitor activity and recommend adjustments to the marketing mix
- To deliver a product development programme to generate consistent sales and profit growth
- To recruit, coach and develop direct reports into truly exceptional Marketers
- To co-ordinate the development and maintenance of effective local Sales/Marketing interface to ensure effective execution of business plans
- To lead, where appropriate, the selection of local external Service Agencies and to develop and manage professional working relationships
- To lead and/or contribute to international projects with partners in the Reckitt Benckiser Group
- At least 6 years marketing experience, and must be able to demonstrate outstanding marketing skills developed within the FMCG environment
- Educated to minimum bachelors degree level in a business related subject - from a recognised University. A Postgraduate degree in a business related subject will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Reckitt Benckiser Career Page on Taleo
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.