The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.Research Coordinator to be based in Kaduna, Nigeria. Working under the supervision of a Washington, DC-based Research Advisor and Kaduna-based Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and execution of the baseline and endline assessments, the analysis of operational policies, and oversight of the focus group discussions.
- Collaborate with Washington, DC-based project staff and expert consultants to finalize project research protocol, featuring the VRBFP baseline and endline survey and a focus group discussion questionnaire.
- Manage the Kaduna State IRB approval process for the project research protocol.
- Facilitate data collector training to local subcontractor engaged to conduct facility- and community-based (e.g. focus group discussions) data collection, in coordination with project Research Advisor.
- Provide contract management and oversight to local subcontractor.
- Ensure contractor compliance with 1) assessment/survey methodology and 2) ethical principles, including ensuring that rights of participants/interviewees are respected.
- Conduct regular verification and quality checks on data collected by subcontractor.
- Analyze collected data (e.g. baseline and endline) and work with Research Advisor to write-up findings.
- Analyze and write-up results of focus group discussions. Results should inform the development Facility Action Plans under the purview of the Project Coordinator.
- Complete an analysis of operational policies that may impact the delivery of rights-based services, and write formal report.
- Contribute to research reports and publications as required.
- Hold regular debrief sessions with Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladium personnel and provide updates on the progress of research activities.
DurationPeriod of Employment: January 2016 – May 2017 (17 months)
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics/bio-statistics or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, with emphasis on research project management.
- Ability to take initiative to deliver required outputs and planned results.
- Proven experience conducting and managing quantitative and qualitative research activities.
- Proven ability to use data quantitative and qualitative data analysis software
- Understanding of routine health information systems
- Knowledge of family planning and rights-based family planning principles a plus.
- Excellent spoken/written English language communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel within Kaduna state to support project activities.
- Strong writing skills, ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit the Palladium Group Job Portal