Business Banker in a Leading Bank
Posted on: 4 July, 2012
Deadline: 17 July, 2012
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Workforce Management Centre
Our client, a leading bank is a member of an International Group with range of products in business and personal banking, and corporate and investment banking. In a bid to continue to meet the needs of the ever growing customer base and as a result of business growth, our client has employed the services of Workforce Management Centre Limited to source suitable roles for the vacant roles:
Business Banker (WFMC/07/01)
Locations: Aba, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Akure, Ife, Ilorin, Ado Ekiti, Osogbo, Ilesa, Iwo, Ondo, Benin, Asaba, Warri, Awka, Onitsha, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Lagos
To provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
• Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate bank product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
• Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
• Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations)
• Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
• Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities
• Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers
• Providing a central “no-frills” (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers
• Performing a liaison role between customers and back - office service fulfillment and credit functions
• Interacting with clients and conducting needs analyses to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
• Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for banking facilities
• Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behavior and product usage
• Advice given to customers should benefit both the customer and Standard Bank. Wrong and unprofitable customer behavior should not be encouraged
• Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
• Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. personal
• Balance sheets, cash flow statements, financial statements and management accounts
• Process scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and BRI scores.
• Notify customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities. Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
• Adhering to record keeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
• Minimum of a degree from a reputable University
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship/transactional banking
• Business Assistant experience to the Business Manager is ideal. Previous experience within the personal/ consumer banking environment as a Customer Consultant/ Personal Banker and/or Enquiries Officer is preferable. This experience provides an understanding of how to interact with and sell to personal banking customers, how to open bank accounts, as well as how the principles of scored lending are applied in practice.
• Experience in Credit origination
• Previous experience running a small business
Previous experience running a small business
Results orientated: Strongly motivated to compete and achieve impressive results, strives to improve, has a “can do” attitude and enjoys challenges.
• Leadership and assertive skills
• Conceptual, Innovative and Analytical
• Customer-service oriented
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Good presentation and negotiation skills
• Organized and Result-oriented
• Socially Confident: Enjoys meeting people, puts people at ease, is good with words and knows what to say (even when communicating disagreeable information).
• Persuasive: Enjoys selling and negotiating, changes the opinions of others, is convincing with arguments.
• Critical: Good at probing the facts, challenges assumptions, sees disadvantages. Innovative: Generates ideas, shows ingenuity and design solutions within product parameters.
• Systematic: Likes to get every detail right, methodical and organized, precise, accurate, neat and tidy with paperwork.
• Conscientious: Completes jobs, plans and sticks to deadlines and perseveres with routines.
• Resilient: Maintains enthusiasm despite setbacks, is rarely upset by criticism, and is emotionally restrained.
• Displays empathy and helpfulness towards others
• Integrity and honesty is regarded as crucial and not negotiable.
• Results orientated: Strongly motivated to compete and achieve impressive results, strives to improve, has a “can do” attitude and enjoys challenges.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should click here to register and apply within 2 weeks of this publication.
Please note that this position is meant for people currently working in banks. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Workforce Management CentreSimilar Jobs
- Branch Business Manager in the Financial Sevices Sector - Transquisite Consulting
- Application Support Analyst at CITIBANK
- Graduate Recruitment at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Career Opportunity at Standard Chartered Bank
- Job Openings at a Unit Microfinance Bank
- Latest Job Recruitment at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Accounting Graduate (NYSC) Wanted at Lefort Bookkeeping
- User Experience Designers at Stanbic IBTC Bank