If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Federal University of Technology, Minna is a foremost citadel of learning in Nigeria and one of the first specialized Universities committed to the training of skilled and innovative workforce that would transform Nigeria’s natural resources into goods and services driven by entrepreneurship and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to positively affect the economy and thus the quality of life of her people.
Applications invited from suitably-qualified candidates for the position of:
- The importance of security of lives and property is paramount in the attainment of the mission, vision and goals of Federal University of Technology, Minna. The Chief Security Officer, therefore, plays a key role in the overall achievement of the above.
- Applicants for this position must be those with clear vision, proven track records, professional ability and distinction in either private or government establishments. In addition, they must have a clear knowledge of the structure and terrain of the University campuses and her immediate environs.
- The applicants should have exemplary leadership qualities capable of engendering the trust of the University Administration and be able to interact with all employees, students, public and other security agencies. Applicants must also be confident and proactive.
- The Chief Security Officer reports directly to the Vice Chancellor, and must also be able to provide the University Administration with regular security briefs, information and advice for appropriate use.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must hold a degree from a recognized University in relevant discipline (sociology, psychology, Criminology etc.) with not less than 15 years cognate experience in security related jobs, Five (5) of which must have been in tertiary institution campus security. The candidate may be an Ex-Superior State Security Officer, not below the rank of a Principal Security Intelligent Officer, or its equivalent from the Nigeria Police, Armed Forces and other paramilitary set-up such as Customs, Immigration etc.
- Registration with relevant professional bodies.
- Basic ICT skills, as shortlisted applicants may be required to demonstrate same during the interview.
Conditions of Service
- The same as obtained in other Federal Universities of Technology in Nigeria.
CONTISS 13 (N2,723,069.00) N3,632,404.00)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed application to include Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of all certificates and other relevant credentials (15 copies each) should be submitted by each applicant:
- Full names (Surname in capitals)
- Date and Place of Birth.
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Previous Employers and Posts held with dates
- Present Employment, Post and Salary (evidence of last salary pay slip to be attached)
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Three(s) Referees Reports to be submitted direct to the Registrar
All applications and supporting documents should be addressed to:
Federal University of Technology,