Job Opportunity at NICON Insurance
Posted on: 17 December, 2015
Deadline: 31 December, 2015
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at NICON Insurance
NICON Insurance - Since its incorporation in 1969, NICON Insurance plc. has built a reputation as a strong underwriting house providing its numerous policyholders the security of its Financial Reserves, Underwriting Expertise and First-Class Reinsurance Treaties. Many years after inception, NICON continues to deliver quality service consistent with the NICON brand name to its market.
NICON Insurance Plc was incorporated on April 2, 1969 to underwrite non-life class of insurance business, as the Nigeria Insurance Company Limited following the merger of the Northern Assurance Company Limited and White Cross Insurance Company Limited, both overseas insurance companies. The company commenced operations on October 1, 1969.
We therefore invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position below:
The ideal candidate will form part of the executive committee based in the head office in Abuja and will have a national responsibility:
- Provides countrywide underwriting strategies and philosophies across all lines of business.
- Manages and executes high level of process development as well as the quantity and quality of work performed by the technical division.
- Management, maintenance and analysis on the effectiveness of underwriting guidelines as well as implementation of insurance calibrating and acceptability criteria.
- Evaluates tool and vendor provided solutions including cost controls for products ordered.
- Responsible for employment and management of underwriting teams; include training and mentoring, coaching and development, performance evaluations, counseling and motivating groups in multiple locations.
- Provides director oversight for day to day operations of policy administration and insurance operations functions.
- Accountable for effective implementation of and adherence to established business processes and underwriting rules.
- Annually designs, implements and manages underwriting authority, guidelines and approval thresholds.
- Responsible for all Technical regulatory compliance as set by the National Insurance Commission.
- Other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO.
- Reports to the MD/CEO.
- Excellent Managerial skills; to include, strong leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- High effective project management skills with a self-starter aptitude and the ability to be self directed.
- Able to meet regulatory standards for the position.
- Strong understanding of the insurance life cycle including working closely with product development teams, Sales and Marketing, Client Servlàè and Customer Loyalty teams.
- Bachelor's and Masters Degree in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Business, a related field or equivalent education required.
- 15+ years of experience in underwriting.
- 10 years Insurance management at leadership levels.
- Experience in multi-office underwriting leadership position with operations management expertise.
- Experience in a modern, customer focused business environment with knowledge of customer experience and related systems required.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Proficiency in the use of modern day Technology to deliver superior underwriting business skills.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their detailed resumes by electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NICON InsuranceSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Law Union Rock Insurance