If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Lagos Business School (LBS) delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria's premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
Business Unit: Pan-Atlantic University/Lagos Business School
Reports To: Executive Chef
Directly Supervises: Apprentices
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
Purpose of Position:
- To efficiently meet all the pastry needs of the school kitchen as at when due.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Produce all pastries, desserts and sweet related dishes and other bakery items(bread, rolls, cakes, croissants, biscuits etc) as required
- Finish, glaze and decorate baked goods
- Develop recipes for a wide variety of desserts and bread items
- Create baked goods for specific diets (gluten free, sugar free, diabetes-friendly, etc.)
- Ensure all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality, quantity and temperature
- Take responsibility for the receipt and safe storage of pastry deliveries, checking that pastry items are correct and of good quality, noting/resolving discrepancies
- Ensure pastry equipment are in good condition and meets health and safety regulations
- Operate automatic and manual ovens to bake pastry and cakes
- Manage inventory and control cost
- Conduct food tasting tasks before serving
- Ensure cleanliness of the equipment and utensils, maintain clean work area
- Provide support to other sections of the Kitchen when required
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timeliness in production of items within the section
- Consistency in quality
- Neatness and personal hygiene
- Clean working environment /TQM
- Culinary ability
- Attention to details
- Basic numeric skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and organize the work of his/hers subordinates
- Record keeping skills
- Diploma from a Technical school City and Guilds 705/706
- Membership of any relevant institute is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years in a reputable hotel /restaurant/ bakery / eatery
Method of Application
Applicants are to forward their CVs to email@example.com on or before Monday December 21, 2015.