Job Opportunity at European Union (EU)
Posted on: 15 December, 2015
Deadline: 29 January, 2016
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at European Union
The European Union is one of the largest development partners of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The EU is assisting Nigeria mainly in the following areas: peace and security, governance and human rights and trade and regional lntegration. In this context, the EU Delegation to Nigeria, requires the services of:
Job No: 0002
- The Joint Management Committee of the EU Common Embassy Complex is considering the recruitment of a Technical Engineer and invites interested persons for application.
- The successful candidate will provide technical & infrastructure support to the JMC as Part-time Engineer.
- Duties would include and not limited to providing assistance with office maintenance works, tracking of electrical supplies and furniture in the complex among other tasks.
- As such, the position requires a good knowledge of logistics in an International Organization, a good knowledge of administrative, financial and control procedures, a high degree of professionalism, a good oral and written communication, good organisational skills, and the ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change.
Functions and Duties
- Monitoring the state of the properties in the complex with respect to its functionalities;
- Monitoring of service/maintenance intervals of all technical installations;
- Initiating service/maintenance works, including procurement, following up of works and quality control;
- Locating, documenting and reporting defects/faults and proposing technical solutions to Members;
- Managing spare parts for all technical installations in the complex except for individual Member;
- Drawing up technical specifications;
- Monitoring the use and stocking of spare parts in the store with up to date inventory and advice Members when to stock;
- Procurement of genuine spare parts at reasonable and competitive price from the local market;
- Liaising with utility providers in case of breakdown of any installed equipment by such organization;
- Monthly and quarterly report to be presented to Members about the state of the complex with respect to the properties and installed equipment;
- Any other duties assigned by the JMC.
Education and Training
- At least a Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent Diploma in Engineering or Infrastructure Management or Purchasing & Supplies or any related course.
- A university degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management maintenance.
- Previous experience within a diplomatic embassy or an international organisation will be an advantage.
- Full computer literacy
- Good organizational skills
- Good command of English language; both oral and written. Knowledge of French is an advantage
The JMC undertakes to pay the Contractor, in consideration of services rendered under the contract a lump sum in Naira per month.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter explaining their interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum) to the attention of Chairman of Joint Management Committee on: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications received after the closing date or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about European UnionSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Integrated Corporate Services Limited
- Facility/Property Manager at the Delta State Investment Trust Company Limited - Delta State Ministry of Finance
- Latest Job Opening at The U.S. Consulate
- Graduate and Experienced Job Recruitment at The Kaduna State Government Public Procurement Authority
- Director (American Corner) at Co-creation Hub (CcHUB)
- Ongoing Graduate Recruitment at the Nigerian Air Force (NAF)
- Massive Recruitment at The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)