New Job at The American University of Nigeria
Posted on: 15 December, 2015
Deadline: 19 December, 2015
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa's first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's critical social and economic problems.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below
Summary of Position
- The Curricular Literacy Advisor is charged with the responsibility of improving the writing and general literacy skills of students of the American University of Nigeria Writing Center.
- The Curricular Literacy Advisor will play a key role in the implementation of Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC), by providing the needed liaison between faculty, courses and the Writing Centre, helping to nurture and develop students’writing skills.
- In addition, he/she will be responsible for liaising closely with faculty to improve their writing and literacy skills by providing timely feedback and guidance on writing assignments in accordance with the University Policies and Procedures.
- A master's degree or good first degree in English Language/Literature or a related field, from a recognized University
- Relevant professional (preferably teaching) experience
- Excellent Oral Communication skills
- Excellent Written Communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty and colleagues.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and with others in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Knowledge of Canvas (Preferable)
- Excellent ICT skills
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, creates / implements actions plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality.
- Perform to earn the Director’s full confidence
- Assure discreet handling of all issues.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Work under pressure.
- Possess great organization skills and planning.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about American University of Nigeria (AUN)Similar Jobs
- Business Development Roles at Eduwalt Communications (EWC)
- Latest Vacancies at University of Ilorin
- Reading Facilitators at eReadAfrica
- Library Assistant (Volunteer) at Young Readers Library
- College Librarian at Isa Kaita College of Education
- Fresh Vacancies at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls
- Latest Recruitment at Caleb University
- Provost at Cross River State College of Education