Aequitas is an innovative public policy and service transformation company, providing public policy advice, capability building and service design services. We challenge existing thinking, prioritising core services in a difficult financial environment.
We work with our clients to develop sustainable strategies to maximise influence in the policy making sphere and increase democratic capacity to ensure our work can be continued long after we leave. Our work incorporates a strong communications strategy to ensure all staff and stakeholders are made aware of the changes and are able to access the information they need at all times.
The Aequitas team have worked on projects around the world, including Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
We have provided political counsel in countries such as Serbia, Bosnia, Egypt, Nigeria, Finland and Sierra Leone, and have worked on election campaigns across the UK and Africa.
We are looking for an experienced communications lead, to manage and deliver a strategic communications plan for a series of high profile public and political figures.
The individual will be responsible for working directly with Aequitas and our clients on a daily basis – with specific responsibility for delivery an agreed set of monthly objectives, and key aims, including both proactive and reactive media. The person will be responsible for managing core messaging and campaigns through month-by-month planning.
This position comes with significant responsibility and requires at least 8-10 years experience in a related field. It demands political and strategic thinking and the ability to deliver consistently high quality communications activities.
An exceptional individual, with strong leadership experience, and the ability to provide strategic insight and advice on complex political and communications issues, across a broad range of media.
- Can evidence a wide range and cross-disciplinary set of communication skills, as well as proven record of the ability to take a strategic overview of communications and driving organisational priorities.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop key relationships with a range of stakeholders, from within the media, politics, civil society organisations, and the private sector.
- Manage both proactive and reactive communications, and foresee medium-term issues.
- Ability to manage a range of issues across platforms – including print, broadcast and digital.
- Senior leadership experience, and record of managing large teams of communications professionals.
- Experience of utilising insight into evaluation techniques, and how they can be used to inform media and digital communications.
- High-level project management experience, and budget management.
- Experience of working in front-line politics at a senior level, or a senior level corporate communications role.
Lead of the management and delivery of an agreed communications plan, focused on domestic media, politics and policy in Nigeria, and the West Africa region. Including:
- Day to day management of communications planning and delivery and strategic oversight of long-term activities.
- Working closely with a policy and media team to deliver the plan, and manage reactive communications.
- Providing strategic advice to senior politicians on a range of political and current affairs issues
- Providing recommendations on a range of political issues.
- Delivering a joined-up communications strategy.
- Establishing a strong external communications network.
Required Skills and Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master) in politics, journalism, economics or related discipline.
- At least 8-10 years of experience working in political or corporate communications for senior government officials, party leaders, or senior industry representatives.
- Experience of providing policy advise at senior government level, and working in ministerial private offices or the equivalent.
- Extensive experience of managing media grids, monthly communications plans, and year-long strategic communications delivery.
- High level and strategic understanding of the political issues facing Nigeria and West Africa.
- Familiarity with the political process, and global economic and political institutions; understanding of Nigerian and West African politics.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Aequitas Career Page on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale