Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.Palladium is seeking a Project Coordinator to be based in Kaduna, Nigeria.
Working under the supervision of Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladium staff, the successful candidate will provide overall coordination for the Kaduna VRBFP project. In addition, s/he will be responsible for carrying out training activities and providing technical assistance for the successful execution of all training and workshop activities.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Kaduna State Ministry of Health (SMOH) on project activities and staff selection for supportive supervision training.
- Coordinate trainings and workshops for key audiences on VRBFP: SMOH staff (supportive supervision), master trainers (training of trainers, ToT), and health personnel at primary and secondary public and private facilities.
- Train and manage short-term consultants engaged to deliver VRBFP trainings to cadres of health personnel at public and private facilities.
- Provide family planning subject matter expertise/technical assistance and oversight in the execution of trainings and workshops.
- Manage production of materials in support of VRBFP Facility Action Plans, as required.
- Provide on-going support and technical assistance to SMOH staff (e.g. during supportive supervision site visits), master trainers, and trained facility staff via on-site and virtual/telephone support.
- In coordination with Washington DC-based Research Advisor, provide oversight of Research Coordinator.
- Liaise with Abuja-based Finance and Administration Manager as needed to ensure smooth project implementation and management.
- Document project processes and impacts.
- Hold weekly debrief sessions with Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladium personnel and provide updates on the progress of project implementation.
- Work with Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladiums staff to write a comprehensive project report.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Liaise with Abuja- and DC-based staff as necessary.
DurationPeriod of Employment: January 2015 – May 2017 (17 months)
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Sociology, Community Development or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, particularly in the areas of project management and training/capacity development.
- Experience with FP service delivery preferred.
- Knowledge of rights-based family planning principles a plus.
- Experience managing effective relationships with the Government of Nigeria, specifically the Kaduna SMOH.
- Knowledge of the public and private delivery system for FP services in Kaduna State.
- Experience managing donor-funded projects.
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers.
- Willing and able to travel within Kaduna state to support project activities.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Palladium career website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale