Lagos Business School (LBS) delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria's premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
Research Assistant, First Bank Sustainability Centre
The First Bank Sustainability Centre is a partnership with Lagos Business School and one of Africa’s leading financial operators, First Bank Limited.
The Centre’s objectives are to advance corporate sustainability and delivery in Nigeria in an intellectual and practical way. The Sustainability Center will contribute towards shaping the perspective of key policy and decision makers in the private sector.
To achieve the afore-mentioned objectives, the centre seeks to engage a Research Assistant. The job details are as shown below:
Reports To: Centre Manager, First Bank Sustainability Centre
Position Type: 2 years contract
Purpose of Position: Assist in the compilation of data and materials for research and book publications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Source for data needed for book and academic publications
- Gather data and references for research work
- Conduct preliminary studies and other fact finding assignments to facilitate research activities
- Seek out Industry contacts for technical data and cases studies
- Liaise with industry managers for business data autentification
- Interview firms to extract vital information for case study preparations and book publication
- Develop and present reports on assigned tasks
- Drive self-development to enhance professional growth and quality of work.
- Any other relevant responsibility to be assigned by a Faculty and line manager from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure data compilation to enable publication of at least one publication within the stipulated time frame.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
- Feedback from Centre Manager
- Accuracy of data collected
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodology
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, SPSS etc
- Transcribing Skills
- On-line researching skills
- Knowledge of proof reading and referencing
- Knowledge of fieldwork implementation
- Flexibility and working under pressure
- Good computer skill
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Very good first degree in social science/science discipline
- Masters or Research degree is an added advantage.
- Experience in data collation/analysis in a medium or large scale organization or research institution.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.