Multi Lateral Liaison Officer at ICRC
Posted on: 3 July, 2012
Deadline: 17 July, 2012
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent international humanitarian organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Multi Lateral Liaison Officer
- To maintain and develop ICRC's role and contacts with ECOWAS and Nigerian NGO's and Civil Society
- To represent the ICRC in key plenary meetings at ECOWAS and serve as a relay between the two organizations
- To follow up implementation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) treaties in West Africa through ECOWAS
- To assist government experts in advancing the implementation process of treaties.
- To coordinate workshops with key departments and respective focal points.
- Graduate Degree in Law (knowledge of IHL or international affairs an asset)
- Years of work experience in a multilateral field with governmental and/or international organizations
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and good knowledge of french
- Knowledge of treaty implementation and governmental/parliamentary law making process
- Very strong networking and diplomatic skills
- Strong capacity for analytical reporting, development of strategies and plan of actions
What We Offer
An interesting and rewarding work environment for someone who enjoys multilateral networking and relationship building, somebody who is motivated, innovative and assertive and willing to work for a humanitarian organization.
Method of Application
Please submit your application (letter of motivation, CV copies of certificates/diploman, referees) to
Administrator ICRC Delegation in Abuja
No. 29 Kumasi Crescent, Off Aminu KAno Crescent, Wuse II Abuja
on or before July 17, 2012
Please clearly indicate "Multi-lateral Liaison Officer" on the envelope and seal it
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at a Law Firm Via Bradfield Consulting
- Human Resource Role at a Law Firm - Habiba Balogun Consulting
- Job Vacancies at a Reputable Law Firm
- Legal Job Vacancy at a Reputable Law Firm - Bradfield Consulting