Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours. Please give monthly and support our mission.
As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management Team (SMT) the Director of HR& Administration shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). He/she is accountable to the Country Director for government relationships and the provision of effective HR and administrative services in both emergencies and development programming contexts
Qualifications and experience
- Masters and/or postgraduate specialisation in Human Resources or Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in Human Resources
- Recommended a minimum of 10 years of management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of HR within the programme and ensuring the most effective support to line managementWillingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Competent level skills in HRIS, IT applications, particularly MS Office
- A commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children
- Experience of exposure to developing countries and Nigeria will be an asset
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Method of Application
Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: Fsy.email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.