South African Airways (SAA) is the leading carrier in Africa, serving 56 destinations, in partnership with SA Express, SA Airlink and its low cost carrier, Mango, within South Africa and across the continent, and nine intercontinental routes from its Johannesburg hub. It is a member of the largest international airline network, Star Alliance. SAA’s core business is the provision of passenger airline and cargo transport services together with related services, which are provided through SAA and its wholly owned subsidiaries: SAA Technical; Mango its low cost carrier; and Air Chefs, the catering entity of SAA. SAA is the winner of the 'Best Airline in Africa’ Award in the regional category for twelve consecutive years and the winner of ‘Service Excellence Africa’ for three years. Mango and SAA hold the number one and number two successive spots as South Africa’s most on - time airlines.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationSecondary School (SSCE)
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara
- Job Field
Aviation / Airline
The purpose of this role is to oversee the delivery of, and deliver, the SAA product and services to the travelling public, manage the Muritala Mohammed International Airport activities through planning, controlling organising and delegation to obtain maximum productivity
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and supervise the Muritala Mohammed International airport staff to deliver excellent customer service and achieve team objectives.
- To manage the Muritala Mohammed International airport so that all scheduled flights depart on time, efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain good relationship with airline stakeholders
- Knowledge of Windows based software including Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word, Access and excel
- Comprehensive knowledge of the airlines operations, sales processes, distribution channels, CRS’s, fares, call management reporting, and working knowledge of the Internet/E-commerce
- SAA Products and Services and related policies i.e Loyalty Programme: Voyager policies and procedures
- Understanding of Reservation related systems and read a ticket
- Awareness of the South African and Nigeria travelling public’s business and social cultural environment
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- High school qualifications or proven track record in an airline traffic and ground-handling department
- A proven track record in airline airport operations
- Proficient knowledge of Windows based software including Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word, Access and excel
- English fluency (Speak, read and write)
- Airline related qualifications: Customer Service plan, Touch Points, Cargo 1 and 2, DGR - Awareness, Special Cargo handling.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates to: email@example.com