Job Vacancy at Oaken Events
Posted on: 10 December, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Advertising / Branding / PR
View All Jobs at Oaken Events
Oaken Events - If you haven’t already noticed, we’re not like other financial institutions. In fact, we consider ourselves to be a refreshing alternative. Our priority is you - our customer. We take the time to listen to what you need, and we do what it takes to put your needs first. We are built on compassion, security, service and value - and we live and work by the high standards we set for ourselves.
We are powered by Home Trust, Canada’s largest independent trust company that has been proudly serving Canadians for over 25 years. So we know a thing or two about loyalty, commitment and helping our customers make the most of their hard-earned money. So, Welcome. We’re happy to see you here.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- The Design manager will be responsible for brainstorming a theme and developing chosen concept for the events.
- The Design manager prepares a proposal and the budgeting for all design aspects from pre-production through to installation and completion.
- The Design manager would not stop with just the idea and the budget, but continue through to the selection, direction and overseeing all the aspects proposed in the idea - the lighting, textiles, clothing, signage, flowers, room dressing and decoration, entertainment.
- Finally, ensuring the theme is brought to life through the décor, the entertainment and the ‘finishing touches’ (e.g. fireworks, artists, etc) is the final part of the role.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Graduate in any discipline with post Graduate/MBA
- Minimum Experience: 4 - 5 years with minimum 3 years in managerial cadre in service industry.
Skills Requirement: Basic Skills
- Knowledge about the latest Designs and Models, sound knowledge of Design softwares, expert in planning and time-management and excellent Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and good listening skill
- Customer Service orientated, assimilate with employees, potential for learning and enhancing own skill set
- Ability to grasp, relate, eye for details and quick response
- To build fun and frolic at the filed to reduce the stress among the employees and boost their morale
- Interaction with other staff at regular intervals, share knowledge and information
- Commitment, Logical Thinking, Deliberate the decisions, foster team spirit, open for suggestion, problem solving approach
- Identify Training Needs for team members to acquire/enhance the required skill sets
- Strategic Planning, Solid Team Player, Coaching and leadership skills Strong presentation and facilitation skills,Complex problem resolution skills, Creativity, forward thinker,Good Knowledge on Events, General management expertise, Good Leadership/Supervisory skills, Creative flair required for the creation of imaginative ideas.
- Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership.
- Ability to architect and drive change
- Ability to lead in a global, matrixed environment
- A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully under pressure.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to create something out of nothing.
- Research and develop design concepts for weddings and corporate events
- Production of all admin requests for Design.
- Execution of Design Production of centerpieces
- Design concepts of entrance into the hall itself.
- Ensure the effective management of all warehouses and storage facilities.
- Ensure Environmental is observed in the
- Develop power point presentation for all events.
- Development on colour mood board
- Design trends for 2015- Quarterly updates
- Monitoring of checklist and supervision of loading and offloading after events.
- Always ensure that a printed checklist is at the venue with other required information.
- Ensure the production of Design works slide show to be shown to clients.
- Proper planning and organizing and providing suitable manpower to execute design jobs
- To frame and implement workable and friendly policies that will help improve your department in consultation with the MD/CEO.
- To administer good discipline on the field through various measures
- Meeting clients to discuss their design needs;
- Interpreting the client's design needs into reality;
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas;
- Using innovation to redefine a design and meet the constraints of cost, time and client;
- Producing accurate and high quality work
- Monitoring and giving report of all the company's design items
- Contributing ideas and design;
- Keeping abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs.
- Supervise Event design Set up and short down.
- Liaise with third parties for design production
- Ensure that design concept are produced with excellent and world class standard
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Oaken Events Career Page on Workable
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Oaken EventsSimilar Jobs
- Production Manager at Oaklands and Johnson Limited
- Job Openings at eRecruiter Nigeria Limited
- Content Producer at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Graphics/Creative Designer at Ellae Creative Branding Agency Limited
- Graduate Marketing Executives at Greenswealth Corporate Services Limited
- Graphic Designers at Doculand Business Solutions Limited
- Sales Executives at Print Anything™
- Job Opportunities at DODO Design Agency