Our client. Portwest Limited, prides itself as a leader in the design and manufacture of stylish, comfortable, high quality workwear and has been in existence for about a century. The Company has operations in over 18 countries and a wide distribution network across Europe, supported by factories in Ireland, UK and China.
As part of plans to expand its operations into the West African market, Portwest Limited is seeking to recruit competent and suitably qualified professionals to fill the following positions:
Regional Sales Manager: ES00595
Reporting to the Sales Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the Company's sales and marketing activities across the entire region. Specifically, the candidate will:
• develop & implement strategic marketing and sales plans that meet organizational goals
• lead the business development initiatives of the Company for sustainable growth and development
• carry out market and competitor research and analysis ensuring that the Company's products meet consumer needs and are top of the market
• develop and manage new distribution channels for effective and efficient distribution of the Company's products
• identify opportunities to deepen relationships with customers and partners through marketing campaigns events and partnerships
• ensure the availability of accurate and relevant information to stakeholders
Qualifications, experience and attributes
• Proven track record of sales to either the industrial clothing, footwear or PPE sectors.
• Familiarity with existing distributors is a distinct advantage.
• First degree in Marketing, Economics or Business Administration from a reputable institution. Possession of higher business related qualification(s) or an MBA will be an advantage.
• Minimum of ten (10) years' post-qualification experience in sales, four (4) of which must have been spent in a similar role in an international or multinational organization, preferably within the West African region.
• Familiarity with the manufacture and sales of personal protection equipment, industrial clothing, industrial footwear and hi-visibility garments.
• Ability to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies, as well as, distribution plans.
• Considerable knowledge of pricing policies, legal regulations and sales ethical principles.
• Ability to achieve results in an environment that is challenging and sometimes unpredictable.
• Excellent communication, leadership and people management skills.
Production Manager: ES00596
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all stages of the production process including planning, coordination, organisation and production. He/she will map out strategies to ensure the timely production of quality goods in the right quantity and at minimal cost. Specifically, the candidate will:
• plan, schedule and supervise production activities and processes
• coordinate and implement standard operating procedures for all production activities
• carry out quality control of raw materials and finished products
• direct and coordinate the distribution of products
• develop budgets and approve expenditures for materials and human resources
• ensure capacity utilization of factory
• monitor and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines
ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedures and guidelines
• drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices
• meet production targets and quality expectations while ensuring adherence to budget
Qualifications, experience and attributes
• First degree in Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering or any related discipline from a reputable institution. Possession of other relevant qualifications will be an advantage.
• Minimum of ten (10) years' post-qualification experience with at least five (5) years' in the manufacturing industry. Experience in a medium to large-size clothing, shoe or workwear factory, using modem electric machines is essential.
• Knowledge of raw materials procurement, production processes, quality control, cost management and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Proven experience in production planning, capacity utilization and factory operations
• Familiarity with HSE guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
• Excellent communication skills.
Method Of Application
To apply, please quote the reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft word document. and saved with your full names). a statement of how you meet our selection criteria, and the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities to us at email@example.com not later than 25 January 2011.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted