APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
|• Leading the Business Development function and team in Nigeria.
• Developing the strategy and structure for the Business Development team including identifying potential investment opportunities i.e. locations matching APMT’s investment criteria.
• Develop and secure projects in scope – be in a support role for large or strategic key projects.
• Prepare commercial and investment analysis within portfolio for new terminals, depots, trucking and rail projects and major expansions in existing terminals – lead smaller projects and support larger ones.
• Develop recommendations for attractiveness of investments within portfolio, proposal for negotiation process and recommendation on business plan and budget – lead activities on smaller projects and provide support for larger ones.
• Screen and evaluate projects within portfolio, incl. technical feasibility evaluation.
• Being part of the Nigeria Country Leadership Team.
• Internal and External stakeholder management hereunder participate as part of negotiation and steering committees when needed due to complexity.
• Keep abreast of market developments (incorporating supply/demand, competition etc.).
|Who we are looking for|
|• A college degree in Marketing/Sales or similar would be preferred for the holder of this position.
• Minimum 6 years experience in relevant fields.
• Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and strong communication skills as well as a passion for success.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with divergent interests.
• High energy, drive and interest in taking on new tasks.
• Well organized, timely, and persistent.
• Advanced sales and negotiation skills.
• Good financial understanding.
• Sound commercial awareness.
• Good understanding of the transport industry, specifically ports and container business.
• Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• Independent, resilient and determined while having a collaborate mindset.
Interested candidates should apply on Maersk's Career Page