An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following
The Roving Procurement Officer will support the procurement of goods and services required for a busy international development office under the project task order. S/He will be responsible for (1) ensuring that procurements and logistics operations are carried out strictly in accordance with the IDO policies, regulations and local law; (2) maintaining the complete documentation and filing system for all procurement including the proposal, evaluation reports, negotiation memorandums, award documents, relevant correspondence etc.; (3) serving as the point person related to any procurement of goods and services for the program either for direct use under the project task order, or as part of the in-kind grant of Direct Distribution of Goods and Services (DDGS) activity; and (4) coordinating procurement actions with the program’s technical lead in order to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery of goods and services. This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities and expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Roving Procurement Officer reports to the Operations Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the procurement process strictly follows the International Development Organization rules and regulations.
- Maintain a file system for procurements to allow for efficient documentation and process audits and maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following policy and local law.
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Process procurements according to rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants.
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliveries are complete and timely.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in IDO funded programs
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by 23rd December, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume or CV.
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.