If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: #1296911
- The Administrative Assistant will work within the finance and administration department and report directly to the Human Resources Officer.
- He/she will also work closely with the Finance Manager on specific financial procedures such as document retention and filing system. The position holder would be someone that can think outside the box, work effectively within a fast-paced and multicultural environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage front desk administrative operations and procedures
- Act as the first point of contact for all visitors and callers at the reception
- Keep visitors and callers log
- Support in the management of office/guest house cleaners and cooks.
- Ensure that the cleaners and cooks perform their duties as expected. Sign-off on daily checklist guiding their activities (include documentation of any exception noted on daily basis and report such to line manager)
- Timely scanning and cloud- uploading of official documents (finance, administrative and HR documents) in line with organizational policies and procedures
- Perform document retention procedures such as photocopying, filing, serialization (both in soft and hard copies) of administrative, HR and finance documents
- Process and deliver internal and external mails, correspondences etc as required.
- Collate and regularly update staff lists, overseas offices contacts and related information
- Provide operational support to meetings held in the conference room, to include preparation of meeting and conference rooms and assist in arrangements for catering provisions
- Keep minutes of meetings where required
- Collate all volunteer and intern speculative applications
- Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management, and participate in organization-wide events management
- Manage petty cash for the country office
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- B.A, B.Sc./ HND certifications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural teams
- Proficiency with MS office package mandatory
- Experience in using HR software is desirable
- Ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage
- Prior experience within the NGO sector is desirable but not mandatory
- Must be able to travel to any part of the country where IMC works
Method of Application
To apply for this position, send your CV's to: email@example.com
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.