APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Act as the focal client contact, identify clients’ business strategies and objectives, logistics and transportation needs and buying criteria to develop and articulate value-based solutions to address their needs and wants.
- Develop deep and senior relationships with assigned clients and take every opportunity to probe for business opportunities. Utilise the senior-client contact relationship to open doors and support the account-development process.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide first-class service to further increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Track and analyse market development.
- Study and leverage internal and external financial data to build winning strategies.
- Communicate closely and proactively with management, provide strong support to all development initiatives, policies, processes and guidelines.
- Position APM Terminals as the preferred terminal with clients.
- Create and manage specific customer plans allowing APM Terminals to maximize its yield potential
- Negotiate commercial terms within delegated mandate
- Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant as necessary
- Proactively assist Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively
- Use Market Mapping to identify total potential volume for the customer
- Qualify customer opportunities using:
- o Uncovering needs framework, understanding the buying phases
- o Using and understanding the Value Selling methodology
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking APM Terminals differentiators to customer’s pains/needs
- Actively use APM Terminals CRM tool
- Prepare for Sales meetings with clear agenda and desired outcomes in the CRM tool
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor/Master’s degree holder from a reputable organisation.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant sales experience with 3 years’ proven track record in major client management ( Business to Business)
- Relevant experience in Maritime/transportation/Logistics Industry
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Highly analytical with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Passionate, strong initiative, self-driven with commitment to succeed
go to method of application »
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the commercial scope
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Establish internal network in Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision making process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by other product characteristics.
Who we are looking for
- You should possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- A Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 3 years industry or equivalent sales experience. You should be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems
go to method of application »
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets, terminal development commercial plans and other departmental business requirements under the guidance of the CCO.
- Preparation and/or consolidation of daily, weekly and monthly terminal statistics for commercial and Market trend analysis
- Preparation of the monthly terminal market share review presentation.
- Ensure the commercial dashboard system is updated for regional office purposes.
- Analyse performance trends to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Who we are looking for
- Education: Degree in Sciences or Social Sciences.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires excellent supervisory skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Must be business strategy oriented, sensitive to the projected needs of operations, engineering and management strategy.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Must be able to use a Microsoft office tools and CRM Systems dexterously
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply on Maersk's career page