The MacTay Group is a leading consulting company with its sole aim to nurture and improve growth in people and establishments by offering strategic and operations consulting services.
Our 30 year success story has been one filled with excitement and fulfilment for our clients, overcoming difficult challenges, cutting across Private, Public and social sectors while staying true to our beliefs that limitations are only a figment of the imagination, with our committed and innovative team, we have proved this time and again.
Our focus has always been to maximize output, performance and excellence, and this can be attested to by the numerous brands we have worked with in West Africa.
The MacTay Group is sourcing for a young dynamic and experienced individual to join its Human Resources Team; to work closely with the Outsourcing unit.
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP will service as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues.
- Conduct periodic meetings with respective business units.
- Conduct meetings with line manager providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirement related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfer.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restrictions, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Manage day to day co-ordination (supervising) of onsite employees
EDUCATIONAL: BSc. Graduate or equivalent
AGE: 25-40 years
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Essential Desirable
- Good, confident communicator
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office particularly
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent standard of written English
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of employment law
- Commercially and Financially astute
- Report Writing
- At least 4 years’ experience of working as a HR professional with at least 2 years working with a leadership level on a consultative and partnering basis.
- Experience of advising managers on a range of people matters (e.g. discipline, grievance, performance management, sickness absence, recruitment, etc.)
- Experience of working with middle/senior managers
- Experience of working in a stand-alone role
- Experience of implementing new initiatives and rolling out new ways of working
- Ideally have operated in a multisite HR role
- Experience of using a recognized HR Software/Database System
- Experience of working in a legal, professional services or education environment
- Ability to establish effective relationships
- Strong Team spirit
- Excellent Communication skills
- Project Management/Supervisory Skills
- Strong supervisory skills.
go to method of application »
Our Client is currently recruiting for the post of a Chief Sales and Marketing Officer who will be responsible for building and managing a global sales organization and a large number of channel partners. As a key member of the senior leadership team, this executive will be responsible for driving exponential growth in a rapidly-evolving industry. The successful candidate must be an energetic executive who can work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and has experience with consultative sales.
- Managing all aspects of the sales function including inside sales, outside sales and customer service teams.
- Developing the sales plan to fulfill the growth and revenue goals of the organization.
- Designing goals and strategies to ensure maximum sales volume of an organization's products and/or services are met.
- Functioning as a member of the senior management team for strategic planning, implementation and leadership
- Elaborate business development plans,design and implement processes to support business growth with emphasis on new client acquisition.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing department budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Set and manage the department's key performance indicators such as revenue , plan ,contact rate, closure rate and overall client profitability.
- Oversee marketing function to develop lead and revenue generation programs, and to create a high performing sales team.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new product development.
- Ensure sales employees are equipped with the right selling-skills training required to be successful.
- Involved in setting policies and procedures for all revenue generating activities.
- Plan and coordinate industry wide speaking opportunities through trade associations and webinars.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts.
- Maintain regular travel for in-person meetings with clients and strategic partners to develop and grow key relationships.
- Manage the development of new project proposals and client contracts.
- Promote positive relations with clients, vendors, and competitors.
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on Executive Committee and other planning and policy-making committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and incentive programs.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. At a very high level, must be able to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple projects. Must participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in a sales leadership role along with a proven personal sales track record.
- Work requires willingness to maintain a flexible schedule.
go to method of application »
Our Client is currently recruiting for the post of a chief operating officer. The right candidate provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
- Develops and implements growth strategies
- Acts as a liaison between company and client for quality assurance
- Provides mentoring to all employees, including management
- Motivates staff to meet or surpass organisational and sales goals
- Coordinates with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
- Oversees daily operations and makes adjustments as necessary
- Presents new ideas and cash flow strategies to board of directors and other company officers
- Evaluates newly implemented sales plans
- Promotes communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
- Act as lead "client-care officer" through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- At least 8 years of strong operational experience, 5 years of which should be in a senior management role.
- Demonstrated experience in human resources with previous experience overseeing financial planning and analysis
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
go to method of application »
Our Client is currently recruiting for the post of a "Chief Financial Officer" (CFO). The right candidate provides both operational and strategic support to the organization. The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for all aspects of finance and it’s administration. Continuous improvement of the finance and administration function throughout the business is a permanent goal. The CFO must pro actively participate in all major decisions affecting the business and always seek to ensure visibility and control for the benefit of senior management. The CFO reports directly to the Chairman & MD. The CFO directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, and cost reduction.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Negotiate and close on financial transactions on behalf of the company
- Oversee all financial controlling activities of the company, including reporting, working capital management, MIS, budgeting, tax, and compliance
- Generally ensuring compliance of business area to rules and procedures, accounting or otherwise.
- Create and nurture a strong network of relationships among providers of finance, maintain shareholder relations & major financial relationships
- A qualified accountant (preferably ACA).
- A proven track record of managing a finance department. Minimum of 12 years experience, 5 of which should be at an executive level.
- Consulting experience preferable
- Ability to manage financial operations across multiple countries
- Someone who thrives in a fast paced changing environment
- Someone who is capable of communicating financially to Senior Management and the Board as well as to investors
- Ability to pilot the company through a listing on a public market
- A strategist and logical thinker, with Strong deal making skills
go to method of application »
MacTay Consulting is recruiting on behalf of one our clients,a brewery in Nigeria.
Role Title: Van Sales Representative.
Reports to: Key Distributors (KDs)
Working Environment: This is purely a field based role.
Job Purpose: The role seeks to ensure required outlets coverage is achieved, products distributed into focused outlets and out of stock is reduced to the barest minimum and also achieve the volume target for the assigned route. Other key objectives include; Specialized order taking/selling, that is, mainly delivery and top up of products.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure all brands/SKUs are loaded on truck daily before trucking out.
- Sell all brands and SKUs to assigned customers without discrimination and achieve volume target.
- To go to trade with all required selling tools and DRAR fully completed per call for the day.
- To merchandise all products while selling in all outlets.
- To always sell within assigned selling route/territory daily with no criss-crossing.
- Primary listing in small outlets where sole point of contact.
- Mainly delivery and top up of products.
Education and Requirements
- Minimum qualification; SSCE, Maximum; HND.
- Healthy and fit
- A good driver with valid driving license
- Experienced in order taking/selling
- Strong ability to build relationship with customers in trade
- Inability to RELIGIOUSLY complete the required documentations(DRAR)
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Mactay's Job Post on Workable
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.