Job Vacancy in an Agricultural Company (Rice Mill)
Posted on: 8 December, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View Jobs posted same day
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to Head a new and fast rising structured business unit. towards the goal of achieving a world class food manufacturing standard and operational excellence. The job will involve the development and implementation of medium and long term growth strategies, strong operational processes and mechanism for sustained performance.
- Must be experienced with the use of husk fire boiler, dryers and parboiling tanks.
- Must be conversant with the whole process of rice milling operations, ranging from parboiling, steaming, polishing, grading, sorting. dehusking etc.
- Experienced with operating silos.
- Provide leadership to team in achieving key performance result, including company Objectives for financial profitability. manufacturing variances, safety. quality. sustainability and cost center budget.
- Develop methods to monitor and measure department activity to identify areas of success and areas of opportunity in order to control production efficiency. manufacturing variances, material waste, labor expenses and other indicators of profitability.
- Coordinate all manufacturing department to ensure volume and quality requirements are met.
- Responsible for the department staffing strategy, skill and development of the staff, performance management and employee morale. Provide staffs with the Information. training, direction, guidance and resources necessary to accomplish established individual, department and company objectives.
- Continuously coachfor development and momtor progress and result.
- Particrpate In the development and implementation of new milling and packaging proeesses, products and systems by providing information, ideas and recommendations based on knowledge and experience in production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for department capital budget and execution of projects.
- Lead the coordination of activities across the manutacturinq, quality, safety and maintenance functions so that issues are addressed as they arise and to ensure the success of achievement of facility objectives in all areas.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Demonstrate ability to lead a large organization to deliver business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to be decisive. proactive and strategic in decision making while role modelling balance for other strong technical troubleshooting skills are important.
- In-depth knowledge of milling and packaging equipment and systems including maintenance activities.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and sustain the processes and procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure. Must be able to prioritize work in a high demand work environment.
- Ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and with diverse teams within manufacturing environment. Must be a team player.
- Ability to work flexible Shifts when needed IS a must.
- High level ofintegrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Must be a computer literate and medically fit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in engineering, or food science.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in rice milling and other milling operations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Head of Monitoring and Evaluation at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Welcome2Africa International
- Job Vacancies at a Newly Constructed Aquaculture Production Company
- Job Opportunities at Welcome2Africa International
- Agribusiness Officers at Welcome2Africa International
- Agricultural Jobs at an Agro Allied Company
- Head, Customer Satisfaction Centre (CXC) at Amo Group
- Field and Plant Operations Manager at Monsanto Company