Job Opportunity At The Norwegian Refugee Council
Posted on: 8 December, 2015
Deadline: 14 December, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
In light of the increase in violence since the beginning of 2014 that has triggered a massive wave of displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors.
NRC is now seeking a WASH Programme Development Manager
The WASH Programme Development Manager reports to the Area Manager
- Develop WASH strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, WASH tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for developing funding proposals (including multi-sectoral proposals), project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff (including training) and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop, manage and monitor budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Develop and plan procedures and tools for implementation of WASH projects in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist
- Monitor the WASH projects and ensure high technical quality and synergies
- Monitor technical quality of WASH projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Scale up and diversify WASH operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development)
- Promote the rights of people affected by displacement and explore, asses and promote new and better ways to provide assistance
- Support and integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities into WASH programme design
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Emergency & Protracted crisis WASH assistance in rural and urban contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Nigeria and/or West Africa an advantage
- Experience with implementation of Cash and Voucher approaches;
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Karuni, Fulani) an advantage
- Experience of start-up operations is an advantage
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: January 2016
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s International general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State. Maiduguri is not a family duty station,
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, click here to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Medical Doctors at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)